Note that this is the second volume of a two-book series (both books are sold separately). For volume 2, click here.
Machine Shop Practice, Second Edition, Volume I delivers nearly everything the apprentice or on-the-job professional needs to know about the intelligent and efficient operation of machine tools.
- Includes over 760 illustrations and 70 tables in two volumes.
- Offers sections on numerical control; grinding wheels (that includes the newest abrasive materials); single point cutting tools and tool wear; basic drilling machine setups; and formulas for estimating the power required for planing.
- Provides detailed discussions on methods of setting up the workpiece on milling machines, horizontal boring machines, planers and shapers.
- Basic Metal Cutting Operations
- Basic Measuring Instruments
- Layout Work
- Drilling Machines, Twist Drills and Auxillary Tooling
- Drilling Machine Operations
- Engine Lathe Construction
- Single Point Cutting Tools and Their Performance
- Cylindrical Turning
- Chucking Work
- Taper and Angle Turning
- Faceplate Work
- Screw Threads and Screw Thread Measurements
- Cutting Screws on a Lathe
- Turret Lathes, Production Lathes and Vertical Lathes
- Precision Hole Location – the Jig Borer
- Metal Cutting Saws