Books on design of pipelines, and equipment such as pumps and compressors are available but almost none on the piping that carries fluid to and fro. This practical, no-frills book offers complete coverage of piping practices and maintenance all in one place. Written by a professional with 50+ years of hands-on knowledge and experience in pipeline building, operating, and maintenance, this manual is designed to be kept at the ready, on the shop floor. Maintenance engineers and managers will wonder how they’ve survived so long without it!
- Features practical insight and valuable notes.
- Uses charts and spec sheets wherever necessary instead of calculations and formulas.
- Provides problems, precautions, and troubleshooting tips.
- Extensive use of photos enables users to understand what they need to know.
K.K. Murty (Krishna Murty Kommajosyula) is a Mechanical Engineer and has spent over 50 years in piping installation, operation, and maintenance, beginning at Coromandel International, Ltd., and subsequently at the major pharmaceutical manufacturer, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Ltd. He continued as a Technical Advisor andTtrainer for export-oriented Vishnu Chemicals Ltd, and Technical Director for Aswartha Condition Monitoring Engineers. Murty then returned to Coromandel, where he was a Technical Training Consultant for their group of companies.
Murty is considered a leading Root Cause Failure Analyst is India. He is affiliated with the Reliability Institute (Pennsylvania, USA) for online training.
- Metallurgy of Common Piping
- Commonly Used Piping Materials
- Materials for Valves and Fittings
- Methods of Pipe Manufacture
- Sizes, Schedules, and Standards
- Flange Types and Materials
- Pipe Fittings
- Hand Tools in Piping
- Cutting, Threading, and Welding Pipes
- Bolts and Studs
- Opening Lines
- Binding and Normalizing Lines
- Process Valves
- Control Valves
- Relief Valves
- Rupture Discs
- Steam Traps
- Flow Measurement
- Stress Analysis
- Expansion Joints
- Expansion Loops
- Pipe Supports
- Miscellaneous Practices
- Pipe Layout
- Testing of Equipment
- Emergency Repairs
- Pipeline Rigging
- Flexible Hoses
- More Information