This book is no longer available in print. For the eBook version, click on the link above.
Thoroughly revised and updated, this best selling book presents a logical, step-by-step methodology that will enable any company to conduct a cost-effective benchmarking effort. It presents an overview of the benchmarking process, a detailed form for surveying and “grading” maintenance management, and a database of the results of more than 100 companies that have used this survey.
- Provides a clear, concise benchmarking methodology.
- Clearly explains and interprets the most current maintenance benchmarks.
- Contains a benchmarking database from more than 100 companies.
- Features current maintenance/asset management philosophies.
- Offers more information on self-analysis.
Terry Wireman is a widely-known and respected Consultative Educator, specializing in the improvement of maintenance and asset management for clients. Using techniques and tools such as CMMS and Total Productive Maintenance, his focus is on helping clients develop “World Class” maintenance and asset management policies and practices. As an international expert, he has assisted literally hundreds of clients in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim improve their maintenance and asset management effectiveness. He has authored over 20 textbooks and was a member of the U.S. TAG, providing input into the ISO-55000 document. Terry is currently the Senior Vice President – Strategy of Vesta Partners, LLC, where his responsibilities include developing return on investment case studies and site cost-benefit analyses.
Table of Contents
- Analyzing Maintenance Management
- Benchmarking Fundamentals
- Maintenance Organizations
- Maintenance Training
- Work Order Systems
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
- Preventive Maintenance
- Maintenance Inventory and Purchasing
- Maintenance Reporting and Analysis
- World Class Maintenance Management
- Integration of Maintenance Management
- Benchmarking Best Practices in Maintenance Management