This book is no longer available in print. For the eBook version, click on the link above.
Organized in 13 sections, AutoCAD® Pocket Reference, 6th Edition is an indispensable aid and handy reference. It is perfect for students, teachers, and all on the job AutoCAD® users who are on the go and need an occasional reminder on how to use a command. Note that this book is for use with AutoCAD 2013 and 2014 versions.
AutoCAD Pocket Reference, 6th Edition is not intended as a substitute for an introductory textbook. To learn AutoCAD quickly and easily, you’ll want to obtain IP’s Beginning AutoCAD 2014 Exercise Workbook. More experienced users should select Advanced AutoCAD 2014 Exercise Workbook. Both are by the same authors. Also available are Shrock’s exercise workbooks for other versions of AutoCAD. See all of IP’s choices here.
The AutoCAD Pocket Reference, 6th Edition is the Right Reference for You If …
- You need help in using the right commands on the job or in the classroom.
- You need a compact reference that you can take with you anywhere and find what you need quickly and easily.
- You need a reference that includes all basic AutoCAD commands and concepts.
- You are using AutoCAD release 2013 or later.
- All sections updated to reflect AutoCAD 2013/2014 styles, including all new images and many amended and new illustrations.
- Totally revised and reformatted Table of Contents and Index, making it much easier to pick out the correct page number for the topic you need.
- All “Arc” illustrations have been redrawn to eliminate the need to rotate pages
- “Hatch” command coverage updated to reflect the new methods in AutoCAD 2013/2014
- A new section on opening multiple files in AutoCAD 2014.
- A new section on creating an Autodesk 360 account, plus how to save and open files to Autodesk 360 Cloud.
- All the new commands and additions to the “Command Line” in AutoCAD 2014.
Also check out the new
Cheryl Shrock is a retired Professor and Chairperson of Computer Aided Design at Orange Coast College in California. She developed the world-reknowned AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks for classroom and self-study use as a result of both her teaching skills and extensive industry experience. An acclaimed AutoCAD expert, she is an Autodesk® registered author.
Steve Heather is a former Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Aided Design in England. For more than a decade, he has been a Beta Tester for Autodesk, testing the latest AutoCAD software. Previous to teaching, and for over 30 years, Heather worked as a Precision Engineer in the aerospace and defense industries. In addition to co-authoring the Beginning and Advanced AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks and the AutoCAD® Pocket Reference, he also is author of AutoCAD® 3D Modeling and the Engineers Precision Data Pocket Reference and is a key engineering consultant and contributor to the Machinery’s Handbook. Steve welcomes emails about his books at email@example.com.
Meet Author Steve Heather!
To read an interview with this world-class AutoCAD expert,
click here for our 3D Modeling newsletter.
- Action Commands
- Drawing Entities
- How To
- Input Options