For new users of AutoCAD®, or those simply brushing up on their skills, there is no better resource. Beginning AutoCAD® 2017 Exercise Workbook by Cheryl Shrock and Steve Heather provides step-by-step instructions with corresponding screen shots illustrating exactly what the user will see when using the software. All of the new bells and whistles of AutoCAD 2017 are featured. For instance, users can now directly import a .PDF drawing, including both the geometry and text, into drawing entities that can be modified within AutoCAD.
This top-selling Workbook and the companion title Advanced AutoCAD® 2017 Exercise Workbook include both METRIC and INCH measurements side by side, so that readers worldwide can benefit from all of the instructions and exercises. This best-selling title has been helping AutoCAD users for more than two decades.
- New function that allows users to convert an imported .pdf drawing, which can then be modified and customized in AutoCAD as usable geometry.
- Two new dimension commands, Associative Centerlines and Associative Center Marks, which are both fully editable.
- Dialog Box enhancements that enable custom resizing of many of the dialog boxes.
- Share Design View command, which lets users publish views of drawings to the Cloud and share them with others, while still protecting the original drawing files.
- Autodesk Home, a companion application delivering updates and patches to AutoCAD software.
- A refreshed cover design highlights the latest editions of the AutoCAD Exercise Workbook series.
Free download: To download a file containing the supplied preset drawings mentioned and used in this book click here.
Also check out Advanced AutoCAD 2017
and the new
Cheryl Shrock is a retired Professor and Chairperson of Computer Aided Design at Orange Coast College in California. She developed the world-reknowned AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks for classroom and self-study use as a result of both her teaching skills and extensive industry experience. An acclaimed AutoCAD expert, she is an Autodesk® registered author.
Steve Heather is a former Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Aided Design in England. For more than a decade, he has been a Beta Tester for Autodesk, testing the latest AutoCAD software. Previous to teaching, and for over 30 years, Heather worked as a Precision Engineer in the aerospace and defense industries. In addition to co-authoring the Beginning and Advanced AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks and the AutoCAD® Pocket Reference, he also is author of AutoCAD® 3D Modeling and the Engineers Precision Data Pocket Reference and is a key engineering consultant and contributor to the Machinery’s Handbook. Steve welcomes emails about his books at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Author Steve Heather!
To read an interview with this world-class AutoCAD expert,
click here for our 3D Modeling newsletter.
- 30 Lessons, including full instructions and illustrations
- 6 Appendixes