The maintenance spare parts business is in turmoil. There have been fundamental changes in the sale, distribution, and storage of spare parts needed to maintain machinery and other physical assets. The key to uptime in manufacturing is managing risk, and Surviving the Spare Parts Crisis: Maintenance Storeroom and Inventory Control by Joel Levitt describes how to evaluate risk in the inventory.
Levitt shares knowledge he has gained over more than 30 years of consulting companies and providing training to professionals who are facing problems with their spare parts inventory. His latest book shows how the maintenance department can provide better support to purchasing agents and buyers. It provides dozens of ideas to properly reduce inventory, reduce usage, and save money in parts, all while maintaining service levels.
This text is the only one available that not only covers the conventional wisdom, but also deals with the new realities of today’s market space. This is an ideal resource for maintenance managers, planners, and engineers; parts specialists; supply chain managers; and anyone involved in purchasing.
Joel Levitt is known worldwide as a leading educator in maintenance management. He has trained more than 17,000 maintenance professionals from thousands of organizations in 25 countries. He has more than 30 years of experience in many facets of maintenance. Since 1980, he has been president of Springfield Resources, a management/consulting firm servicing clients on a wide range of maintenance issues.
Levitt is a frequent speaker at maintenance and engineering conferences, has published dozens of articles on the subject, as well as a number of successful books, including the Complete Guide to Preventive and Predictive Maintenance; The Handbook of Maintenance Management; Lean Maintenance; Managing Factory Maintenance: and Managing Maintenance Shutdowns and Outages.
- What Are We Really Doing?
- Models of Inventory
- Modern Production Gives Us the Tools for Maintenance Planning
- Perspectives on Storerooms
- How Well Do You Know Your Current Stores Operation?
- Spare Parts Inventory and Risk Management
- What the Storeroom Needs to Know About Maintenance
- The Big Picture: Where the Maintenance Warehouse Fits
- Storeroom Management
- The Physical Storeroom
- The Economic Storeroom
- SIC (Statistic Inventory Control)
- Dealing with the Part Itself
- Parts as a Business: E-MRO
- Parts: Replace-Rebuild-Remanufacture-Used
- Metrics and KPIs for the Maintenance Warehouse
- Bright Future for the Spares Business