Despite spending enormous sums on technology and improvement methods, most businesses are under siege. The inability to drive adaptation to an increasingly more volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (“VUCA”) set of circumstances has resulted in an unprecedented rate of failure across organizations of all shapes and sizes. Worse yet, the necessary component to break the cycle is being distorted by antiquated models, methods, rules, and tools held over from decades past. Industry is stuck in a rut, and that rut is getting deeper and deeper.
Where does common sense turn into common nonsense in organizations? Today, companies lack an effective framework to consistently apply and integrate common sense principles at ALL levels (strategic, tactical, and operational).
The Demand Driven Adaptive Enterprise:
- Reveals a new management framework rooted in science, mathematics, economics and most importantly, common sense.
- Enables an unprecedented level of visibility across resources, products, levels and time ranges to quickly and effectively produce the relevant information that companies are desperately seeking.
- Is the pre-requisite for surviving and thriving in the VUCA world. That new framework is called the Demand Driven Adaptive Enterprise (DDAE) model.
The DDAE model will not be embraced by everyone, as it challenges conventional practice and systems. Unfortunately, many of those people and organizations are living on borrowed time. So, is your organization ready for something new???
For information on a new Spanish language
translation of this title, click here.
Carol Ptak, CFPIM, CIRM, is a partner with the Demand Driven Institute, and was most recently at Pacific Lutheran University as Visiting Professor and Distinguished Executive in Residence. Ms. Ptak is a past president of APICS, and has authored several books on MRP, ERP, Lean, and Theory of Constraints.
Chad Smith, CDDP, is a co-Founder and Partner at the Demand Driven Institute. Prior to the Demand Drive Institute Mr. Smith served as the Managing Partner of Constraints Management Group (CMG) for eighteen years. Mr. Smith has co-authored and contributed to several books on MRP, Theory of Constraints, and the Demand Driven methodology.
- Ch. 1—Don’t Be a Dodo
- Ch. 2—The Prerequisites for Relevant Information
- Ch. 3—The Demand Driven Adaptive Enterprise Model
- Ch. 4—The Demand Driven Operating Model
- Ch. 5—Demand Driven Sales and Operations Planning
- Ch. 6—Adaptive Sales and Operations Planning
- Ch. 7—Closing the Loop with the DDAE Model
- Ch. 8—The DDAE Model Development Path
- Appendix A—Skill Buffers: The Missing Links
- Appendix B—Adaptive Systemic Thinking