This is a Print-On-Demand book and is printed upon receipt of your order. It is not returnable except for product defects. Delivery will take approximately 10 to 14 days.
For more than two decades, the Beginning AutoCAD® Exercise Workbook has been THE definitive tutorial for those learning and teaching about the CAD software. And as the AutoCAD package has continued to improve, so has this work, with better graphics, enhanced standard features (such as “CAD Tips” and side-by-side inch/metric measurements), and additional practical exercises.
AutoCAD 2020 is packed with new features. The Exercise Workbook shows users and instructors how to unleash the power of AutoCAD with easy-to-follow lessons and tutorials on the many tools and commands available to create, tweak, and perfect a drafting, drawing, design, or 3D printed final product. Visual learners will be especially pleased with the heavily illustrated format, and the way the authors’ lessons and exercises progress seamlessly from the basics to more sophisticated projects.
For users of AutoCAD®, there is simply no better resource on the market.
- Dark and light theme, making the command buttons to stand out more, and making the interface look more like the Windows 10 operating system dialog box appearance.
- New Blocks Palette, allowing users to view blocks before inserting them, with the added ability to insert blocks from current, recent, and saved drawings.
- Purge, making it easier to find and remove unused layers, text object, dimension styles, etc.
- Drawing Compare Enhancements, enabling users to compare 2 drawings and actually edit them at the same time.
- Quick Measure, revealing the size of all objects in length, width, angles, radius, or diameter.
Free download: To download a file containing the supplied preset drawing-ready templates mentioned and used in this book click here.
Also check out
and the new Beginning AutoCAD 2021 Exercise Workbook.
Cheryl Shrock is a retired Professor and Chairperson of Computer Aided Design at Orange Coast College in California. She developed the world-reknowned AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks for classroom and self-study use as a result of both her teaching skills and extensive industry experience. An acclaimed AutoCAD expert, she is an Autodesk® registered author.
Steve Heather is a former Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Aided Design in England. For more than a decade, he has been a Beta Tester for Autodesk, testing the latest AutoCAD software. Previous to teaching, and for over 30 years, Heather worked as a Precision Engineer in the aerospace and defense industries. In addition to co-authoring the Beginning and Advanced AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks and the AutoCAD® Pocket Reference, he also is author of AutoCAD® 3D Modeling and the Engineers Precision Data Pocket Reference and is a key engineering consultant and contributor to the Machinery’s Handbook. Steve welcomes emails about his books at email@example.com.
Meet Author Steve Heather!
To read an interview with this world-class AutoCAD expert,
click here for our 3D Modeling newsletter.
- 30 Lessons, including full instructions and illustrations
- 6 Appendixes