Assets are the resources a company manipulates and uses to make income. This book helps to ensure your assets are always available to make income. It describes how to design for and care for production and facility assets.
In his fun and informative second work, Cover Your A$$ets: Asset Management at Your Place and at Your Pace, John Ross breaks down the concept of asset management into relevant working elements. With ample space to jot down your thoughts and own experiences, this work is like Mad Libs™ for anyone wanting to implement Asset Management. In the end, readers can review, edit, compile, and pull together their own recorded thoughts and ideas to form a very obtainable vision for the future.
There are many technical references on asset management, but what is truly needed in the field is a step-by-step process for taking care of the assets and equipment that makes the company profitable. By reading this guide, users will feel as if they are personally working with a seasoned, experienced asset management professional to put together a customized strategy for how asset management could and should be implemented at their own location.
- Focuses on physical industrial assets (manufacturing, service, and facilities) and creating an asset management strategy to help generate revenue.
- Reviews the ISO 55000 standards and explains how to implement them with your personal asset management strategy in mind.
- Takes a deep dive into designing equipment for optimum maintainability and reliability.
- Includes a section on Bill of Materials and Spare Parts, two topics that are often misunderstood.
- Each chapter ends with a review of the main points. The synopses will form segments of your overarching approach to asset management.
John L. Ross, Jr., Ph.D, CMRP, is a seasoned practitioner of maintenance and reliability with more than three decades of field and plant experience. He is a former Captain and Gulf War Veteran with the United States Air Force. Dr. Ross is the President of the international reliability consulting company, Maintenance Innovators, Inc., and the sole proprietor of State Line Group, LLC. He proudly serves as a Senior Consultant with the widely renowned Marshall Institute.
- I Just Don’t Think You’re Smart Enough—An Introduction
- Ch. 1: What Are Assets?
- Ch. 2: The Asset Management Standards
- Ch. 3: Capital Assets
- Ch. 4: BOMs—Parts of the Whole
- Ch. 5: Production in an Asset Management World
- Ch. 6: Asset Management at Your Place and At Your Pace