This is a package containing both the book and a Pipe Trades Pro™ calculator. For just the print or digital title, click here.
The Modern Pipefitter’s Manual contains technical and practical information regarding pipe history, pipe characteristics, materials, fittings, connections, valves, joining, and installation methods. It also addresses the laying lengths of piping, valves, and connections that are critical when planning piping layout.
This new work uses some of the most tried and true information, charts, and tables found in Industrial Press’s seminal resource, the Pipefitters Handbook, but has reorganized, redrawn, updated and modernized them to be more appropriate and in-line for modern day users.
Questions at the end of each chapter help readers learn and understand the most essential material and are similar to those found on a typical pipefitting certification exam. Useful Appendix materials include more reference data, answers to the exam questions, math and conversion factors, and specific tables and charts for pipe, water, and metal.
Packed with all these extensive, educational features, the Modern Pipefitter’s Manual is an unparalleled resource for pipefitters at all levels of experience.
Features of the Modern Pipefitter’s Manual
- Incorporates the useful Pipe Trades Pro™ calculator (included in this package; see below) throughout the work to help users get fast and accurate solutions that help them save time and reduce material costs.
- Suggests simple calculations for pipe lengths, offsets, weight and volume, flow rates, pressure, area, and more.
- Perfect for those studying for certification exams, designers, operations professionals, in addition to pipefitters working in the field.
Pipe Trades Pro™ Calculator Features
- Provides instant answers for all pipe layout and design problems, including complex rolling offsets, parallel pipe cutbacks, weight/volume conversions, flow rates, pressures, areas, and more.
- Offers the following calculations: rights angles, offsets, complex rolling offsets, fitting angles, bends, slopes, percent grades, drops, parallel pipe cutbacks, feet-inch-fractions and trigonometry, pipe areas, fill weights, flow rates, velocity, force, volumes, pressure loss for any pipe size, type, or distance, complete building, plumbing, and metric unit conversion.
- Includes built-in pipe data—choose a pipe material and pipe type, enter size, and get diameters, wall thickness, filled weight per foot and internal area.
- Perfect for seven different pipe materials: steel, stainless steel, brass, aluminum, cast iron, plastic, and copper.
Andrea L. Hoffman has decades of experience working at construction and engineering jobsites, associated office design environments, and providing training and education for a diversity of trades within the industry. Andrea has a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and a master’s degree in business administration. She is a licensed general, underground utility and excavation, and plumbing contractor in the state of Florida.
Chapter 1: Pipe History
Chapter 2: Piping Materials and Their Uses
Chapter 3: Pipe Fittings and Connections
Chapter 4: Valves
Chapter 5: Pipe Joining and Piping System Support
Appendix I: Reference Data
Appendix II: Answers to Chapter Questions
Appendix III: Pipe
Appendix IV: Water
Appendix V: Metal
Appendix VI: Math and Conversion Factors