Click here to see our full selection of calculators and calculator/book sets.
Compact and pocket-sized, the Pipefitters Handbook is a timeless classic that contains thousands of facts and figures relevant to pipefitters, steamfitters, plumbers, hydraulic fitters, layout people and apprentices—anyone concerned with layout and installation of pipe. It provides immediate answers, without the need for lengthy calculations, to all kinds of problems found in power and industrial pipebending and the fabrication of welded fittings. With sections on soldering and brazing, types K, L, M copper tube, DWV copper drainage tube, plastic pipe, screwed offset connections, rolling offsets, dimensions of Schedule 40, 80, and 120 steel, and wrought iron pipe, it’s the perfect resource for having on the job.
This unparalleled package includes both this essential handbook and the Pipe Trades Pro™ calculator. With these superb resources in hand, users will spend less time calculating and looking at charts, and more time cutting, welding, and placing pipe.
Features of the Pipefitters Handbook, 3rd Edition
- Provides answers to all sorts of problems indigenous to power and industrial pipebending, and the fabrication of welding fittings in both shop and field.
- Logically categorizes all material according to job description, supporting each working table with a clear example of how to use it.
- Includes a special reference section that gives instant data on the 24 most useful on-the-job subjects, such as spark tests for metals, sheet metal weights, valve types, weights and measures, and many more.
- Discusses all types of bends; elbows, tees, and crosses; plastic pipe; soldering and brazing; travel and run; fitting dimensions; threading pipe; relative physical properties; and more.
Pipe Trades Pro™ Calculator Features
- Provides instant answers for all pipe layout and design problems, including complex rolling offsets, parallel pipe cutbacks, weight/volume conversions, flow rates, pressures, areas, and more.
- Offers the following calculations: rights angles, offsets, complex rolling offsets, fitting angles, bends, slopes, percent grades, drops, parallel pipe cutbacks, feet-inch-fractions and trigonometry, pipe areas, fill weights, flow rates, velocity, force, volumes, pressure loss for any pipe size, type, or distance, complete building, plumbing, and metric unit conversion.
- Includes built-in pipe data—choose a pipe material and pipe type, enter size, and get diameters, wall thickness, filled weight per foot and internal area.
- Perfect for seven different pipe materials: steel, stainless steel, brass, aluminum, cast iron, plastic, and copper.
- Part 1: Power and Industrial Pipe Bending
- Part 2: Pipe Fabrications
- Part 3: Soldering and Brazing, Plastic Pipe
- Part 4: Offset Connections, Screwed and Flanged Fittings
- Part 5: Reference Data