Special Limited-Time Introductory Offer
Click here to get BOTH the latest edition of the best-selling Hammer’s Blueprint Reading Basics textbook AND the new digital edition of the Blueprint Reading Basics Instructor’s Resource Kit — both in eBook form. ALL for the same price as just the Instructor’s Resource Kit.
This introductory offer expires 9/1/21. Get yours today!
This is just the Instructor’s Resource Kit Digital Edition. This Digital Edition currently is sold online ONLY at our eBookStore site. For immediate purchase and access, click on “GO TO EBOOK” above.*
A new digital edition of this game-changing package designed to work with the latest edition of the best-selling Hammer’s Blueprint Reading Basics textbook!
Warren Hammer’s Blueprint Reading Basics, 4th Edition has been a bestselling classic for nearly two decades, revered for its ease of understanding and for giving readers opportunities to practice what they learned. In the 4th edition, author Charles Gillis updated the entire package, replacing all of the traditional figures with CAD-generated artwork, adding new illustrations, representing metric drawing practices alongside English, and including content from drawing standards covering such central topics as Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Engineering Drawing Practices, Welding Symbols, Orthographic and Pictorial Views, Surface Texture, Undimensioned Drawings, and Types and Applications of Engineering Drawings, among many others.
Designed to accompany the 4th edition of this invaluable teaching and learning text, the new digital second edition of this extensive Instructor’s Resource Kit includes:
- This extensive digital product includes 425 files and more than 1,030 pages.
- The 14 units/lessons, comprising over 600 presentations pages, complement use of the book in a physical or virtual classroom. Mirroring discussions in the text book, this material is packed with useful information and also can be used for self-study.
- The teaching and learning units also are made available to instructors as PowerPoint presentations with review questions and answers. The review questions are provided separately as student handouts and with answers for instructors.
- The textbook’s 153 worksheets, adding up to 200-plus pages of practice problems—included in the eBook and again provided as handouts—reinforce the blueprint reading instructions and skills covered in each unit. Again, these are provided as student handouts, as well as with solutions and calculations, along with a handy checklist, for instructors.
- Other instructor teaching aids include customizable lesson plans for each teaching unit; recommended course syllabi modifiable for different course lengths and focuses; an engaging, instructive class activity, with options for in-class or online groups; and selected figures and tables likely to be repeatedly referenced.
- New to this kit is a bonus collection of useful online reference materials: designations for threads and typical manufacturing materials; manufacturing process average surface finishes; tap drill sizes (inch and metric); sheet metal gage conversions; a list of relevant ASME, ANSI, and ISO standards; and links to exceptional related digital resources from Industrial Press.
Note to Instructors: While we do not provide review copy subscriptions to this digital product, qualified instructors can request selected examples. Click here to go to our online Review Copy Request Form and specify this request.
*Another way to locate this product is to go to ebooks.industrialpress.com and search for ISBN 9780831195991. Instructors and others interested in purchasing this versatile teaching tool through their institution’s purchasing department (rather than via direct online purchase with a credit card at the Industrial Press eBookStore site) can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that any customary institutional or corporate discounts do not apply to this special product.
Charles Gillis has over 25 years of machine design experience. He is a mechanical design engineer for the Procter & Gamble Company. For the last eight years, he has taught WPI’s Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing courses. He is also a contributor to Machine Designer’s Reference and the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, both published by Industrial Press.
Warren Hammer (deceased) was a seasoned professional with more than 50 years of experience in manufacturing. He originated the Blueprint Reading Basics book, and with this revision, his legacy lives on.
Unit 1 – The Basics of Manufacturing Prints
Unit 2 – The Reading of Manufacturing Prints
Unit 3 – The Total Manufacturing Print
Unit 4 – The Views of Manufacturing Prints
Unit 5 – Dimensioning
Unit 6 – Tolerancing
Unit 7 – Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
Unit 8 – Surface Finish
Unit 9 – Threads
Unit 10 – Machine Terms and Manufacturing Processes
Unit 11 – Casting, Forging, and Molded Part Prints
Unit 12 – Welding and Sheet Metal Prints
Unit 13 – Gears, Splines, and Cams
Unit 14 – Types of Manufacturing Prints
Teaching Aids for Instructors
For further details of the contents of this Digital Edition, as well as example files, please fill out our online Review Copy Request form (click on “Educators: Request a Review Copy ” above) specifying your request.