Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design, 2e + 4090 Sheet Metal / HVAC Pro Calc Calculator (Set)
450 Pages, 8.00 x 10.00 in
- Mixed media product
- ISBN: 9780831136758
- Availability: In Stock
- Publication Date: August 2021
Click here to see our full selection of calculators and calculator/book sets.
Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design, Second Edition provides an expanded and more comprehensive treatment of sheet metal forming processes, while placing forming processes and die design in the broader context of the techniques of press-working sheet metal. Included are the “hows” and “whys” of product analysis, as well as the techniques for blanking, punching, bending, deep drawing, stretching, material economy, strip design, movement of metal during stamping, and tooling. While concentrating on simple, applicable engineering methods rather than complex numerical techniques, the author uses many illustrations, tables, and charts to enhance comprehension and learning.
The Sheet Metal/HVAC Pro Calc is a versatile calculator that enables tradesmen to calculate complex problems with dedicated key functions that are labeled in standard industry terms. The calculator has other advanced built-in construction-math functions to enable HVAC and sheet metal tradesmen to do their work alongside other trades. In addition to the built-in functions, this calculator can handle order of operation, perform square, cube, square root, and cube root calculations, determine ArcK constant for convenient Arc length solutions, and has an offset functions for “S-shaped” bends in ductwork. It can also help solve the layout for wrapper length, centerline radius, and the angle. It works as a regular calculator with typical symbols.
Together, Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design and the Sheet Metal/HVAC Pro Calculator are the perfect combination resource, providing instant access to metrics and measurements with the flip of a page and press of a button. This incredible set is a must-have for students and professionals in the field of Sheet Metal.
Print and Calculator Features
- Emphasizes the influence of materials as an aid to understanding manufacturing processes and operations.
- Features the essential mathematical formulas and calculations needed for various die operations and performance evaluation.
- Shows the comparative advantages and liabilities for each manufacturing process and operation.
- Offers a complete picture of the knowledge and skills needed for the effective design of dies for sheet metal forming processes highlighted with illustrative examples.
- Includes a chapter on quick die-change systems and die design, and an appendix dedicated to the technical specifications of Helical and Belleville springs.
- Custom HVAC and Sheet Metal functions let you simplify Test and Balance (TAB) with built-in Fan Law function: CFM, RPM, SP and BHP; velocity and velocity pressure.
- Functions and Terminology consistent with sheet metal and HVAC trade terminology.
- Parenthesis Operator allows you to easily enter complex formulas.
- Memory Storage conveniently stores frequently used constants or interim solutions.
Vukota Boljanovic has spent more than 35-years in applied engineering in the aircraft and automotive industries and also in education. He has B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in mechanical engineering and worked in Europe for many years in both academia and industry. He is the author of five books, including from Industrial Press, Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design (2004) Die Design Fundamentals, Third Edition (2005), Applied Mathematical and Physical Formulas (2015 ) and Metal Shaping Processes (2009). He has contributed updated practical material on sheet metal design, including punches, dies, and presswork, and on manufacturing processes to Machinery’s Handbook, 28th and 29th editions. Vukota has written numerous technical papers and has been recognized by the aircraft industry and academia for several of his contributions to manufacturing processes. Before recently retiring, he spent five years working in the American automotive industry.
Part I: Theoretical Fundamentals
- The Structure of Materials
- Mechanical Behavior of Metals
Part II: Manufacturing Procesess
- Searing Process
- Blanking and Punching
- Deep Drawing
- Various Forming Processes
Part III: Die Design
- Basic Die Classifications and Components
- Blanking and Punching Dies
- Bending Dies
- Deep Drawing Dies
- Various Forming Dies
- Tool and Die Materials
- Quick Die Change Systems and Die Design
Appendix 1: Blank Diameter of Drawn Shells
Appendix 2: Metric System Tolerances
Appendix 3: Miscellaneous Information
Appendix 4: Technical Specifications of the Helical and Belleville Springs.