Sheet Metal Stamping Dies: Die Design and Die Making Practice + 4090 Sheet Metal / HVAC Pro Calc Calculator (Set)
224 Pages, 6.00 x 9.00 in
- Mixed media product
- ISBN: 9780831136765
- Availability: In Stock
- Publication Date: August 2021
Click here to see our full selection of calculators and calculator/book sets.
Sheet Metal Stamping Dies presents information on press-working sheet metal, die design, and die manufacturing. It details the knowledge and skills needed for the effective design of dies for sheet metal cutting, forming, and deep drawing operations. It is an invaluable resource for anyone looking for detailed information about die design and the manufacture of stamping dies.
The Sheet Metal/HVAC Pro Calc is a versatile calculator that enables tradesmen to calculate complex problems with dedicated key functions that are labeled in standard industry terms. The calculator has other advanced built-in construction-math functions to enable HVAC and sheet metal tradesmen to do their work alongside other trades. In addition to the built-in functions, this calculator can handle order of operation, perform square, cube, square root, and cube root calculations, determine ArcK constant for convenient Arc length solutions, and has an offset functions for “S-shaped” bends in ductwork. It can also help solve the layout for wrapper length, centerline radius, and the angle. It works as a regular calculator with typical symbols.
Together, Sheet Metal Stamping Dies and the Sheet Metal/HVAC Pro Calculator are the perfect combination resource, providing instant access to metrics and measurements with the flip of a page and press of a button. This incredible set is a must-have for students and professionals in the field of Sheet Metal.
Print and Calculator Features
- Emphasizes the basic theory of sheet metal plastic deformation as an aid in understanding the manufacturing processes and operations that are necessary for successful die design.
- Features the essential mathematical formulas and calculations needed for various die operations and performance of die design.
- Illustrations feature complete assembly drawings for each type of die.
- Provides a complete picture of the knowledge and skills needed for the effective design of dies for sheet metal cutting, forming and deep drawing operations.
- Provides properties and typical applications of selected tool and die materials for various die components.
- Offers a complete picture of integral CAD/CAM systems for die making, EDM machining, and wire EDM practice
- Custom HVAC and Sheet Metal functions let you simplify Test and Balance (TAB) with built-in Fan Law function: CFM, RPM, SP and BHP; velocity and velocity pressure.
- Functions and Terminology consistent with sheet metal and HVAC trade terminology.
- Parenthesis Operator allows you to easily enter complex formulas.
- Memory Storage conveniently stores frequently used constants or interim solutions.
Vukota Boljanovic has spent more than 35-years in applied engineering in the aircraft and automotive industries and also in education. He has B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in mechanical engineering and worked in Europe for many years in both academia and industry. He is the author of five books, including from Industrial Press, Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design (2004) Die Design Fundamentals, Third Edition (2005), Applied Mathematical and Physical Formulas (2015) and Metal Shaping Processes (2009). He has contributed updated practical material on sheet metal design, including punches, dies, and presswork, and on manufacturing and metal molding processes to the Machinery’s Handbook. Vukota has written numerous technical papers and has been recognized by the aircraft industry and academia for several of his contributions to manufacturing processes. Before recently retiring, he spent five years working in the American automotive industry.
- Basic Theory of Cutting Sheet Metal
- Formulas for Sheet Metal Cutting Dies
- Cutting Operations
- Types of Cutting Dies
- Basic Theory of Forming Sheet Metal
- Formulas for Sheet Metal Forming Dies
- Forming Operations
- Types of Bending and Forming Dies
DEEP DRAWING DIES
- Basic Theory of Sheet Metal Drawing
- Formulas for Sheet Metal Drawing Dies
- Drawing Operations
- Types of Deep Drawing Dies
MISCELLANEOUS TYPES OF DIES
- Trimming Dies
- Shaving Dies
- Curling Dies
- Bulging Dies
- Necking Dies
- Extruding Dies
- Compound and Combination Dies
- Side-Cam Dies
- Progressive and Transfer Dies
BASIC DIE COMPONENTS
- Die Set
- Die Block and Punching Units
- Stripper, Blankholder and Knockout Device
- Heel and Key
- Pilots and Gages
- Stop Block, Dowels, and Screws
DIE DESIGN TECHNIQUES
- General Design Guide Lines
- Design of Die Components
- Integrate CAD/CAM Systems for Die-Making
- EDM Machining
- Wire EDM Practice
MATERIALS USED IN DIE-MAKING
- Carbon and Alloy Steels
- Tool and Die Steels
- Miscellaneous Materials for Dies-Making
HEAT TREATMENT OF METALS
- Basic Definition of Mechanical Properties
- Heat-Treatment of Die Materials