Metal Shaping Processes: Casting and Molding; Particulate Processing; Deformation Processes; and Metal Removal + 4090 Sheet Metal / HVAC Pro Calc Calculator (Set)
428 Pages, 8.00 x 10.00 x 0.00 in
- Mixed media product
- ISBN: 9780831136772
- Availability: In Stock
- Publication Date: August 2021
Click here to see our full selection of calculators and calculator/book sets.
Metal Shaping Processes focuses on metal shaping processes, the most widely used processes in the manufacture of products and structures. The text carefully presents the fundamentals of metal shaping processes with their relevant applications. The treatment of the subject matter is adequately descriptive for those unfamiliar with the various processes and yet is sufficiently analytical for an introductory academic course in manufacturing. Topics are organized and presented so that they motivate and challenge students to present technically and economically viable solutions to a wide variety of questions and problems, including product design.
This is the perfect textbook for students in mechanical, industrial, and manufacturing engineering programs as well a valuable reference for manufacturing, product design, and process engineers, manufacturing managers and supervisors, and maintenance and reliability managers and technicians.
The Sheet Metal/HVAC Pro Calc is a versatile calculator that enables tradesmen to calculate complex problems with dedicated key functions that are labeled in standard industry terms. The calculator has other advanced built-in construction-math functions to enable HVAC and sheet metal tradesmen to do their work alongside other trades. In addition to the built-in functions, this calculator can handle order of operation, perform square, cube, square root, and cube root calculations, determine ArcK constant for convenient Arc length solutions, and has an offset functions for “S-shaped” bends in ductwork. It can also help solve the layout for wrapper length, centerline radius, and the angle. It works as a regular calculator with typical symbols.
Together, Metal Shaping Processes and the Sheet Metal/HVAC Pro Calculator are the perfect combination resource, providing instant access to metrics and measurements with the flip of a page and press of a button. This incredible set is a must-have for students and professionals in the field of Sheet Metal.
Print and Calculator Features
- Presents the fundamentals of each metal-shaping process with its relevant applications, capabilities, limitations, potentials of the process and competitive aspects.
- Features sections on product design considerations, which present guidelines on design for manufacturing.
- Provides a dual (ISO and USA) unit system and end-of-chapter Review Questions.
- Covers cutting, bending, deep drawing and other sheet metal forming processes (stretch forming, spinning, rubber forming, and superplastic forming and diffusion bonding).
- Includes a chapter on nontraditional manufacturing processes such as mechanical energy processes, electrochemical machining processes, thermal energy processes, and chemical processes (chemical milling).
- Custom HVAC and Sheet Metal functions let you simplify Test and Balance (TAB) with built-in Fan Law function: CFM, RPM, SP and BHP; velocity and velocity pressure.
- Functions and Terminology consistent with sheet metal and HVAC trade terminology.
- Parenthesis Operator allows you to easily enter complex formulas.
- Memory Storage conveniently stores frequently used constants or interim solutions.
Vukota Boljanovic, Ph.D., has more than 40 years of experience in applied engineering in the aircraft and automotive industries as well as in education. He received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and worked in Europe for many years in both academia and industry, including as a Professor of Aerospace Engineering and later as Vice President for Research and Development for a major aircraft company. He has performed extensive research in development and manufacturing engineering, including the impact of design modification on tools, dies, and processes selection, aircraft assembly, and inspection. He also spent five years working in the American automotive industry. The author of multiple books and numerous technical papers, Boljanovic has been widely recognized by both academia and industry for his contributions to manufacturing processes.
Part I: Casting and Molding
- Fundamentals of Metal Casting
- Metal-Casting Processes
- Metal Casting: Design and Materials
Part II: Particulate Processing for Metals
- Powder Metallurgy
Part III: Deformation Processes
- Fundamentals of Metal Forming
- Rolling of Metals
- Forging. Extrusion and Drawing of Metals
- Sheet Metalworking
Part IV: Metal Removal Processes
- Fundamentals of Metal Machining
- Machining Processes
- Abrasive Machining Processes
- Nontraditional Machining Processes