This specially priced combination package includes BOTH the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, Large Print and the Guide to the Use of Tables and Formulas in the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition.
eBook: For information on the Machinery’s Handbook 31 Digital Edition, which includes both of these products, please click here.
Machinery’s Handbook is acknowledged as an exceptionally authoritative and comprehensive, yet highly practical, and easy-to-use tool. The 31st edition of the “Bible of the Mechanical Industries” continues in this tradition, providing users with fundamental and essential aspects of manufacturing practices, including hundreds of ASME and ANSI standards updates and thousands of revisions to text, tables, equations, and figures. This master reference has grown to nearly 3,000 pages.
The Guide to the Use of Tables and Formulas in the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, is designed to maximize the enormous practical value of the latest, greatest edition of this invaluable engineering resource, offering useful information on how to make full use of the Machinery’s Handbook in solving problems on the job.
New to the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition
- Additive Manufacturing: Expert discussions, exploring 3D printing materials, techniques, and workflow, compare traditional machining to today’s additive manufacturing processes.
- Machine Elements and Operations: Updated and expanded coverage of CAD/CAM operations, boring, nontraditional cutting methods, o-rings and glands, and transmission chains.
- Manufacturing and Materials: Additional information on utilizing today’s plastics, powder metallurgy standard and tool steels, manufacturing stresses, and preventing corrosion.
- Metal Casting and Molding: New information for working with iron, steel, nonferrous metals, and alloys, metal casting and molding processes, and modeling and design considerations.
- Math, Measurement, and Dimensioning: Reorganized, revised, and expanded sections provide ready access to clear information, essential formulas, and everyday calculations and conversions.
- Metalworking Processes: More on brazing, soldering, welding, nondestructive testing, forming sheet metal, mill finishes, passivation, electropolishing, and plating.
- Threads and Threading: The latest series and selected combinations for Unified Screw Threads.
The Guide Features
- Revised to reflect numerous changes made in the new 31st edition, with specific cross references to quickly locate information in the far larger book, the Guide enables users to become familiar with the Handbook’s vast range of vital content.
- Offering more than 150 worked-out examples and nearly 500 review questions (with answers) specially selected for engineers, apprentices, and students, the Guide addresses problems commonly encountered in manufacturing and metalworking.
- By following practical techniques explained in the Guide and cross-referenced to the Handbook, readers will enhance their ability to reach specific information and solutions more quickly and easily.
The Guide also is sold as a standalone book and eBook and, as noted above, is part of the Machinery’s Handbook 31 Digital Edition, which includes the complete contents of the 31st edition, and more. In the Digital Edition, page references in the Guide material are directly linked to other Guide pages and to Handbook material.
Please click here to go to a page about the history, development, and perpetual enhancement of the Machinery’s Handbook over more than 100 years.
Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition Contents
- Mathematics Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Properties, Treatment, and Testing of Materials
- Dimensioning, Gaging, and Measuring
- Tooling and Toolmaking
- Machining Operations
- Manufacturing Processes
- Threads and Threading
- Gears, Splines, and Cams
- Machine Elements
- Measuring Units
The Guide Contents
- Dimensions And Areas of Circles
- Chords, Segments, Hole Circles, and Spheres
- Formulas and Their Rearrangement
- Spreadsheet Calculations
- Calculations Involving Logarithms
- Dimensions, Areas, and Volumes of Geometrical Figures
- Geometrical Propositions and Constructions
- Functions of Angles
- Solution of Right-angle Triangles
- Solution of Oblique Triangles
- Figuring Tapers
- Tolerances and Allowances for Machine Parts
- Using Standards Data and Information
- Standard Screw And Pipe Threads
- Problems in Mechanics
- Strength of Materials
- Design of Shafts and Keys For Power Transmission
- Problems In Designing and Cutting Gears
- Speeds, Feeds, and Machining Power
- Numerical Control
- General Review Questions
- Answers To Practice Exercises
- Conversion Factors