This book complements but does not replace the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition.
For the Large Print Edition, click here. For the Toolbox Edition, click here.
Looking for a dynamic ebook version of just the Guide? Click on the link above.
The Guide also is included in the expanded Machinery’s Handbook 31 Digital Edition. For more information, click here.
Since the first edition published more than 100 years ago, Machinery’s Handbook has been acknowledged as an exceptionally authoritative and comprehensive, yet highly practical, and easy-to-use tool, and the new 31st edition has grown to nearly 3,000 pages. The Guide to the Use of Tables and Formulas in the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition, is designed to maximize the enormous practical value of the latest, greatest edition of this invaluable engineering resource, offering useful information on how to make full use of the Machinery’s Handbook in solving problems on the job.
- Revised to reflect numerous changes made in the new 31st edition, with specific cross references to quickly locate information in the far larger book, the Guide enables users to become familiar with the Handbook’s vast range of vital content.
- Offering more than 150 worked-out examples and nearly 500 review questions (with answers) specially selected for engineers, apprentices, and students, the Guide addresses problems commonly encountered in manufacturing and metalworking.
- By following practical techniques explained in the Guide and cross-referenced to the Handbook, readers will enhance their ability to reach specific information and solutions more quickly and easily.
- The Guide also is sold as a standalone eBook and is part of the Machinery’s Handbook 31 Digital Edition, which includes the complete contents of the 31st edition, and more. In the Digital Edition, page references in the Guide material is directly linked to other Guide pages and to Handbook material.
Please click here to go to a page about the history, development, and perpetual enhancement of the Machinery’s Handbook over more than 100 years.
- Dimensions And Areas Of Circles
- Chords, Segments, Hole Circles, And Spheres
- Formulas And Their Rearrangement
- Spreadsheet Calculations
- Calculations Involving Logarithms
- Dimensions, Areas, And Volumes Of Geometrical Figures
- Geometrical Propositions And Constructions
- Functions Of Angles
- Solution Of Right-angle Triangles
- Solution Of Oblique Triangles
- Figuring Tapers
- Tolerances And Allowances For Machine Parts
- Using Standards Data And Information
- Standard Screw And Pipe Threads
- Problems In Mechanics
- Strength Of Materials
- Design Of Shafts And Keys For Power Transmission
- Problems In Designing And Cutting Gears
- Speeds, Feeds, And Machining Power
- Numerical Control
- General Review Questions
- Answers To Practice Exercises
- Conversion Factors