This book complements, but does not replace the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition.
For the Large Print Edition, click here. For the Toolbox Edition, click here.
Machinery’s Handbook, Pocket Companion, is a concise yet authoritative, highly useful reference that draws its content from the Machinery’s Handbook. Designed as a time saver, the Pocket Companion is an ideal quick resource for anyone in manufacturing, metalworking, and related fields for whom convenient access to just the most basic data is essential.
This handy reference draws on the wealth of tables, charts, and text in the Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition. Much of the information has been reorganized, distilled, or simplified to increase the usefulness of this book, while keeping it compact.
The Pocket Companion is not intended to replace the new Machinery’s Handbook, 31st Edition. Instead, it serves as a handy and more portable complement to the Handbook’s vast collection of text, data, and standards.
- Serves as a handy and portable complement to the vastly larger compilation of data, standards, and text, in the Machinery’s Handbook.
- Revised to reflect numerous changes made in the new 31st edition, this second edition includes updated standards, key revisions, and added tables.
- The visual design and carefully organized presentation of fundamental and reliable data facilitates frequent and easy use, helping to save time and labor.
- Practitioners and students will find the Pocket Companion to be a convenient ready-reference to keep nearby while working on engineering designs, on the shop or factory floor, or learning fundamentals in school and studies.
Please click here to go to a page about the history, development, and perpetual enhancement of the Machinery’s Handbook over more than 100 years.
- Mathematical Formulas and Tables
- Measurement and Inspection
- Standard Tapers
- Fastener Information
- Cutting Fluids
- Drilling and Reaming
- Speeds and Feeds
- Milling Cutters
- Keys and Keyseats
- Cutting Tools for Turning
- Machining Operations
- Computer Numerical Control
- Grinding Wheels
- Properties of Materials
- Standards for Drawings
- Allowances and Tolerances
- Surface Texture
- Conversion Factors