You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Advanced AutoCAD® 2017 Exercise Workbook
Cheryl R. Shrock and Steve Heather
Looking for the eBook version of this title? Click here.
For the authors' Beginning AutoCAD® 2017 book, click here.
This is THE book for users of AutoCAD® who are looking for the same great, step-by-step instruction and illustrations in the Beginning AutoCAD® Exercise Workbook and want to delve deeper into AutoCAD 2017’s features. Designed for students, teachers, and professionals in the field, the Advanced AutoCAD® 2017 Exercise Workbook includes invaluable, updated coverage of essential features for intermediate and advanced users. For example, this new book covers creating Metric master templates, border and title blocks, and dimension styles.
- PDF Import command allowing users to import a .pdf file directly into AutoCAD as usable geometry and/or text.
- Instructions on the Share Design View command, explaining how to share a design on the web without compromising the original drawing data.
- Dialog Box enhancements, plus useful Qs & As.
- Two new dimension commands, Associative Centerlines and Associative Center Marks, which are both fully editable.
- How to send 3D model designs to a 3D printer, or save them for use at a later date.
- A refreshed cover design highlights the latest editions of the AutoCAD Exercise Workbook series.
For the first time, this top-selling Workbook and the companion title Beginning AutoCAD® 2017 Exercise Workbook now include both METRIC and INCH measurements side by side, so that readers worldwide can benefit from all of the instructions and exercises. The best-selling title, which has been helping AutoCAD users for more than two decades, is better than ever!
To download a file containing the supplied preset drawings mentioned and used in this book .
Cheryl Shrock is a retired Professor and Chairperson of Computer Aided Design at Orange Coast College in California. She developed the world-reknowned AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks for classroom and self-study use as a result of both her teaching skills and extensive industry experience. An acclaimed AutoCAD expert, she is an Autodesk® registered author.
Steve Heather is a former Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Aided Design in England. For the past 8 years, he has been a Beta Tester for Autodesk®, testing the latest AutoCAD® software. Previous to teaching, and for more than 30 years, Heather worked as a Precision Engineer in the aerospace and defense industries. In addition to co-authoring the Beginning and Advanced AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks and the AutoCAD Pocket Reference, he also is author of AutoCAD 3D Modeling and the Engineers Precision Data Pocket Reference and is a key engineering consultant and contributor to the Machinery's Handbook. Steve welcomes emails about his books at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Author Steve Heather!
To read an interview with this world-class AutoCAD expert, click here for our latest 3D Modeling newsletter.
23 Lessons, including full instructions and illustrations
15 Architectural, Electro-Mechanical, and Mechanical Projects
- ISBN: 9780831136031
- Pages 552 Pages, Softcover
- Published Date: August, 2016