You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Certification & Accreditation
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
#1 New Release in Computer Simulation on Amazon!
AutoCAD® Pocket Reference, 8th Edition
Cheryl R. Shrock and Steve Heather
Want quick access to everyday AutoCAD® commands
on your desktop, laptop, iPad, iPhone, or Adroid device?
Everyone needs a refresher sometimes. The AutoCAD® Pocket Reference, written by two of the foremost AutoCAD® expert teachers, provides quick and easy access to everyday information needed by AutoCAD users in the classroom or on the job. It includes all of the basic concepts, fundamental commands, and step-by-step instructions. The contents, pictures, explanations, and index are unparalleled by other references, as are the price and size.
This 8th edition has been improved with the inclusion of both inch and metric measurements throughout to appeal to a more global audience, as well as updated screenshots of all the AutoCAD 2018 & 2019 commands readers need. And with the inclusion of special "CAD Tips" scattered throughout, this is the perfect "cheat sheet" reference to make the most of AutoCAD’s features and strengths..
- All sections have been updated to reflect the latest AutoCAD 2018 & 2019 styles and capabilities.
- Improved screenshots and buttons, making step-by-step instructions easy to follow.
- Metric equivalents are provided alongside the original imperial measurements.
- SHX font importation during document upload, allowing for fully editable PDFs.
- “Drawing Compare” and “Shared Views,” making working with clients and third parties infinitely easier.
- “Center Mark” and “Centerline,” for placing center marks in arcs or circles, or changing centerlines between two lines.
- New “CAD Tips,” providing shortcuts and suggestions from our expert authors.
- More from our expert authors about the best ways to use AutoCAD software—all in a handy reference.
If you like this book, also check out the
Cheryl Shrock is a retired Professor and Chairperson of Computer Aided Design at Orange Coast College in California. She developed the world-reknowned AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks for classroom and self-study use as a result of both her teaching skills and extensive industry experience. An acclaimed AutoCAD expert, she is an Autodesk® registered author.
Steve Heather is a former Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Aided Design in England. For the past 8 years, he has been a Beta Tester for Autodesk®, testing the latest AutoCAD® software. Previous to teaching, and for more than 30 years, Heather worked as a Precision Engineer in the aerospace and defense industries. In addition to co-authoring the Beginning and Advanced AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks and the AutoCAD Pocket Reference, he also is author of AutoCAD 3D Modeling and the Engineers Precision Data Pocket Reference and is a key engineering consultant and contributor to the Machinery's Handbook. Steve welcomes emails about his books at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Author Steve Heather!
To read an interview with this world-class AutoCAD expert, click here for our latest 3D Modeling newsletter.
- Action Commands
- Drawing Entities
- How To...
- Input Options
- ISBN: 9780831136277
- Pages 375 Pages, Softcover
- Published Date: June, 2018