You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Autodesk® Revit Basics Training Manual
Brian W. Clayton
"This training manual truly is a game changer when it comes to giving the reader a clear and very well written guide to the basics of the software. I would definitely recommend this manual to beginners who are looking to understand the basics of Revit, as well as intermediate Revit users who want to learn a certain aspect of the software fast. Even after completing all of the examples it provides, I still use this reference, because it is a great tool for reference."
—Mikayla Harkey (For the full review, click on the "Resources" tab above.)
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
Revit, a type of Building Information Modeling or “BIM” software, is used widely in the U.S. to provide “real-life” information to clients, as well as a way for contractors to eliminate problems before they arise with a way to track costs. With an installed base of about 300,000 users and growing, it is rapidly becoming the industry standard for architects, mechanical and electrical engineers, plumbers, and HVAC installers.
Brian W. Clayton is owner of Clayton Consulting and Design, LLC. in Greensboro, N.C., and has more than 20 years of AutoCAD experience and eight years of Autodesk® Revit experience. Currently he works as a commercial building space designer, providing commercial space measuring and as-built drawings for property management companies. He also serves as an AutoCAD and Revit consultant for architectural and engineering firms, as well as a corporate trainer for the latest AutoCAD and Revit software. Furthermore, Mr. Clayton is an adjunct faculty member at various higher education institutions specializing in the facilitation of course work to students enrolled in Architectural Technology degree programs and continuing education programs. He specializes in technical training in various AutoCAD and Revit courses for the students and professionals who want to continue their education and keep up to date with the latest software and certifications.
- Full color throughout.
- Focuses on the heart of the Revit software, so that users can improve their speed and productivity in the workplace or in classroom projects.
- Features the nuances of complex design software, with easy to grasp explanations and plenty of graphics to follow for visual learners.
- Enables readers to learn to navigate the software as beginners, or use the work as a quick reference to increase their productivity.
- Offers the most straight forward and efficient, step-by-step approach to understanding and mastering the Autodesk Revit software for users on any level.
- Is ideal for professional training and can be used in the classroom.
Review of Autodesk® Revit Basics Training Manual
"As a newbie to Autodesk’s Revit, I had some difficulty trying to learn the basics of the software on my own. However, when I received Brian Clayton’s Autodesk’s Revit Basics Training Manual, I was overwhelmed with the amount of helpful tips for beginners like me, along with desktop screenshots to help guide me though the drafting process. This training manual truly is a game changer when it comes to giving the reader a clear and very well written guide to the basics of the software.
This training manual provides the basics for understanding the Revit software. The layout of each page is great for visual learners like myself and provides helpful tips and examples. Mr. Clayton provides screenshots of what his screen looks like while working through each example in Revit, allowing the reader to follow along with the instructions perfectly. After reading the entire manual, I feel confident enough to move on to more challenging projects and dive deeper into the software.
I would definitely recommend this manual to beginners who are looking to understand the basics of Revit, as well as intermediate Revit users who want to learn a certain aspect of the software fast. Even after completing all of the examples it provides, I still use this manual, because it is a great tool for reference."
- Ch 1: Revit Templates
- Ch 2: Revit Dimensioning
- Ch 3: Beginning a Drawing
- Ch 4: Placing Doors and Windows
- Ch 5: Creating Floors
- Ch 6: Creating Ceilings
- Ch 7: Creating Levels and Datums
- Ch 8: Creating Stairs
- Ch 9: Placing Cabinets, Casework and Sink
- Ch 10: Placing Bathroom Plumbing Fixtures
- Ch 11: Placing Air Conditioning and Furnace Units
- Ch 12: Placing Furniture
- Ch 13: Placing Lights in Ceiling
- Ch 14: Creating Roof Designs
- Ch 15: Interior and Exterior Camera Views
- Ch 16: Rendering Interior and Exterior Views
- Ch 17: Inserting Objects from the Revit Library and Internet
- Ch 18: Modifying Doors and Windows
- Ch.19: Modifying Wall Materials
- Ch 20: Revit Modify Commands.
- ISBN: 9780831136215
- Pages 320 Pages, Softcover
- Published Date: October, 2017