You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
CNC Machining Certification Exam Guide
Setup, Operation, and Programming
CNC Machining Certification Exam Guide is focused on providing the knowledge base required for obtaining certification, credentialing and/or job preparation in CNC Machining with CNC Mills and Lathes. It covers foundational skills that all those seeking employment as a CNC Operator/Machinist must possess. Managers responsible for workforce development in manufacturing facilities will use the book as a guide for on-the-job employee training and apprenticeships.
The work can be used as a curriculum component for technical schools and colleges for students preparing for certification and credentialing exams based on the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Machining Level I standards for: CNC Mill Programming and Setup and Operations, and CNC Lathe Programming and Setup and Operations. At a time when the CNC market is experiencing a shortfall of skilled, qualified workers, this Exam Guide is the perfect resource.
- Presents CNC Programming with G-Code so users can execute their programs with confidence.
- Focuses on the creation of CNC programs using Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM).
- Written with the end goals of certification, credentialing and job readiness in mind.
- Practice study questions mimic those presented on credentialing exams and practice exercises prepare readers for the required practical activities.
- An affiliated website (www.CNCCertification.com) will contain additional certification questions and answers, as well as suggested additional exercises.
Ken Evans has had an illustrious career working in aerospace and manufacturing as a Prototype Lab Manager, CNC Programmer, Sales Engineer, Instructor, Quality Control Inspector and Machinist Tool- & Die- and Mold-maker. He has more than 20 years of experience using CAD/CAM, more than 20 years of teaching, and is CIM certified. Evans is a published author for Industrial Press (Programming of CNC Machines + accompanying Workbook, Interpretation of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, 3e), and has been an Advisor of medalists in the Precision Machining Technology area at SKILLS USA.
Part I—CNC Machining Fundamentals
- Machine Safety
- Types of CNC Machines
- Machine Maintenance and Workspace Efficiency
- Cutting Tool Selection
- Machining Mathematics
- Understanding Engineering Drawings
- Basic Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Deburring Tools and Techniques
- Machined Part Inspection
- Basic CNC Program Structure and Format
Part II—Setup Operation and Programming of CNC Mills
- CNC Mill Setup and Operation
- Introduction to CNC Mill Programming
Part III—Setup Operation and Programming of CNC Lathes
- CNC Lathe Setup and Operation
- Introduction to CNC Lathe Programming
Part IV: Introduction to Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Introduction to CAM for CNC Milling
- Introduction to CAM for CNC Turning
Part V—Preparing for the Certification Exam
- Exam Preparation
- Practice Exam.
- ISBN: 9780831136376
- Pages 350 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: October, 2019