You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Certification & Accreditation
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
CNC Machining Certification Exam Guide
Setup, Operation, and Programming
Looking for the ebook? Click here.
CNC Machining Certification Exam Guide is focused on providing the knowledge base required for obtaining certification, credentialing and/or job preparation in CNC Machining with CNC Mills and Lathes. It covers foundational skills that all those seeking employment as a CNC Operator/Machinist must possess. Managers responsible for workforce development in manufacturing facilities will use the book as a guide for on-the-job employee training and apprenticeships.
The work can be used as a curriculum component for technical schools and colleges for students preparing for certification and credentialing exams based on the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Machining Level I standards for: CNC Mill Programming and Setup and Operations, and CNC Lathe Programming and Setup and Operations. At a time when the CNC market is experiencing a shortfall of skilled, qualified workers, this Exam Guide is the perfect resource.
- Presents CNC Programming with G-Code so users can execute their programs with confidence.
- Focuses on the creation of CNC programs using Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM).
- Written with the end goals of certification, credentialing and job readiness in mind.
- Practice study questions mimic those presented on credentialing exams and practice exercises prepare readers for the required practical activities.
- An affiliated website (www.CNCCertification.com) will contain additional certification questions and answers, as well as suggested additional exercises.
Ken Evans has had an illustrious career working in aerospace and manufacturing as a Prototype Lab Manager, CNC Programmer, Sales Engineer, Instructor, Quality Control Inspector and Machinist Tool- & Die- and Mold-maker. He has more than 20 years of experience using CAD/CAM, more than 20 years of teaching, and is CIM certified. Evans is a published author for Industrial Press (Programming of CNC Machines + accompanying Workbook, Interpretation of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, 3e), and has been an Advisor of medalists in the Precision Machining Technology area at SKILLS USA.
Part I—CNC Machining Fundamentals
- Machine Safety
- Types of CNC Machines
- Machine Maintenance and Workspace Efficiency
- Cutting Tool Selection
- Machining Mathematics
- Understanding Engineering Drawings
- Basic Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Deburring Tools and Techniques
- Machined Part Inspection
- Basic CNC Program Structure and Format
Part II—Setup Operation and Programming of CNC Mills
- CNC Mill Setup and Operation
- Introduction to CNC Mill Programming
Part III—Setup Operation and Programming of CNC Lathes
- CNC Lathe Setup and Operation
- Introduction to CNC Lathe Programming
Part IV: Introduction to Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Introduction to CAM for CNC Milling
- Introduction to CAM for CNC Turning
Part V—Preparing for the Certification Exam
- Exam Preparation
- Practice Exam.
- ISBN: 9780831136376
- Pages 350 Pages, Softcover
- Published Date: October, 2019