You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Hazardous Chemicals Safety & Compliance Handbook
for the Metalworking Industries
Richard P. Pohanish and Stanley A. Greene
This title is no longer available in print.
For the eBook version, click here.
A unique handbook, Hazardous Chemicals Safety & Compliance Handbook for the Metalworking Industries provides operators and technicians in the metalworking, machining, and metal finishing industries with an easy-to-use, single-volume guide to the hazardous materials commonly found in the above sectors.
Containing detailed information on nearly 450 chemical hazards, Hazardous Chemicals Safety & Compliance Handbook for the Metalworking Industries provides identifiers (foreign and domestic); trade names and chemical synonyms; physical properties; short- and long-term health effects; guidelines for exposure; respirators; warnings; incompatibilities; fire data; and OSHA, EPA, California, and Canadian safety recommendations and regulations. No other reference offers this kind of integrated compilation of safety and environmental compliance data or directory information related to these industries. You will need no other reference!
- Includes an extensive introduction outlining and explaining the requirements and regulations.
- Presents each chemical record in a uniform format of data elements, including record number, record name, trade names and chemical synonyms, EEC numbers, CAS number, 2004 Emergency Response Guidebook four-digit ID, DOT Hazard class or Division, three-digit ERG Guide, molecular formula, RTECS number, physical properties, and health and safety information.
- Contains extensive appendices including: sources of information, separate lists of dangerous oxidizing materials by name and CAS number, an updated list of all Poison Control Centers in the U.S., glossary of safety and environmental terms, extensive synonym and trade name index, and a complete CAS number index to chemicals covered.
- Takes an international approach in that chemical records contain: European Economic Community ID numbers, European Inventory of Existing Commercial Substances ID numbers, Canadian WHMIS ingredients disclosure list levels, International Agency for Research on Cancer information about carcinogens, and MAK values from Deutsche Forschungsgemeinshaft.
- Covers important metalworking hazards such as mineral oil mists and welding fumes.
- Occupational Exposure to Metalworking Fluids: Summary and Recommendations
- Cleaning and Degreasing: Alternatives, Benefits, and Limitations
- Key to Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Key to California List of List Regulations
- Chemical Records A – Z (ACETAL – ZIRCONOCENE)
Appendix A: Sources of Information
- Industrial Safety and Health Organizations
- Federal Government Agencies
- Metalworking Trade Associations
- Reference Books and Government Publications
Appendix B: Oxidizing Materials
- By Name/CAS Number
- By CAS Number/Name
Appendix C: Poison Control Centers
Appendix D: Glossary
- ISBN: 9780831132613
- Pages 960 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: April, 2006