You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Improving Maintenance and Reliability Through Cultural Change
Stephen J. Thomas
Note: There is no ebook version of this title.
For the accompanying workbook, click here.
Improving Maintenance and Reliability Through Cultural Change is a unique and innovative book. It explains how to improve your maintenance and reliability performance at the plant level by changing the organizations culture. It is specifically intended for middle managers in the manufacturing and process industries.
This book demystifies the concept of organizational culture and links it with the eight elements of change: leadership, work process, structure, group learning, technology, communication, interrelationships, and rewards. If you want to break the cycle of failed improvement programs and instead use cultural change to help make significant and lasting improvements in plant performance, this book will show you how.
- Explains in-depth the eight elements of change and how they relate to cultural change.
- Discusses cultural change with a reliability focus. Includes a PowerPoint presentation with audio on the enclosed CD-ROM, together with a web survey model, the Web of Organizational Change.
Stephen J. Thomas is a consultant in the area of organizational change and work process improvement who provides experience and knowledge to those who can utilize it to improve.
He writes "Remember that change is not an easy journey, but it is well worth the effort. My books do more than start you down the road, they accompany you on your journey."
- The Beginning
- Culture Defined
- Vision and the Goal Achievement Model
- Organizational Values
- Role Models
- Rites and Rituals
- The Culture Infrastructure
- The Elements of Change
- Part 1 Leadership The Basics
- Part 2 Leadership and Change Management
- Work Process
- Group Learning
- The Web of Cultural Change
- Assessment and Corrective Action
- Moving Forward
- Figure Index
- ISBN: 9780831131906
- Pages 356 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: October, 2006