You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Certification & Accreditation
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
How to Implement the Right System for your Plant
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
You have been tasked with increasing productivity and increasing quality, while at the same time lowering the cost of your manufacturing processes. The solution is to automate … but how?
Identifying a manufacturing process that can be automated is often a daunting task. Industrial Robotics teaches a team approach to qualifying, validating, and then finally, implementing a program. This book takes you through the best practices for each step, regardless of the application type or the industry segment. It will show you how to achieve the system expectations that were planned for and benchmarked, and it will also help identify the most common pitfalls — all without having to eliminate employees.
- Provides a broad, semi-detailed review of various robotic applications based on process, including machine tending for CNC machine, press brake tending, deburring, grinding, dispensing, and welding.
- Incorporates existing articles, as well as the author's own knowledge to describe points of interest and background.
- Illustrates points by featuring using an interview format between the author and the user or expert providing opinion and insight.
- Features numerous illustrations, drawings, and charts in every chapter.
- Uses case studies to describe points and features North American based examples.
Chapter 1 - Why Automate the Small and Medium Sized Manufacturers (SMMs)?
- Productivity can Save the Factory
- Industrial Robots Reduce Labor Costs and Increase Productivity
- Partnering with your customer and supplier to reduce costs
- Justifying Robotic Automation
- The ROI Power of Industrial Robotics
- Additional Benefits of Implementing Industrial Robotics
- Applying Present Value Tools to Evaluate the Robot Investment
- Resources Manufacturers Need to Become Familiar With
Chapter 2 - Implementing Robotic Automation - Getting Started
- Robotic Implementation is Always a Team Effort
- Ingredients of the Robotic System
- Judging a Good Project from a Bad Project
- Gather the Right Details
- Criteria for Arc Welding
- Criteria for Tending Machines
- Criteria for Press Tending
- Criteria for Palletizing/De-Palletizing Data
- Criteria for Material Removal
- Constants and Variables of a Robot System
Chapter 3 - Robotics and Risk
- Risk and Cost
- Hidden Risk
- Risk of Your Own Managers and Personnel
- Managing What You Control
- Risk of Technology
Chapter 4 - Setting Expectations for Success
- Tools for Validating the Robotic Process
- Proof of Concept Case Studies
Chapter 5 - Writing the Right Specifications
- Defining Elements of the Scope of Work
- Scope of Work Example - Robotic Finishing
- Cylinder Head Line Case Study Scope of Work Example -Robotic Press Tending Case Study
Chapter 6 - Lean Manufacturing With Robotics for Low Volume, Small Batch Runs
- Man vs. Machine
- Changeover for Small Batches
- Suggestions for the Design of a Robotic Work-Cell
- Automating the machining process - Case Study
- Automating the welding process for small batch runs
- Automating the material removal process for small batch runs
- Automating small batch runs for press tending and palletizing
- Automating the palletizing process for small batch runs
- Tools for small batch and high changeover production
Chapter 7 - Lean Manufacturing with Robotics for High Volume, Large Batch Runs
- Robotic Machine Tending for High Production
- Running Lights Out
- Job Shop vs. OEM
- Robotic Cellular Manufacturing
- ISBN: 9780831133580
- Pages 252 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: March, 2008