You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Certification & Accreditation
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Ingenious Mechanisms, Volume 4For Designers and Inventors
Holbrook L. Horton and John A. Newell
This book is no longer in print. To see the ebook version, click here.
Each of the four volumes of Ingenious Mechanisms is an independent treatise on the subject of mechanisms. The books are similar in size and general character, but the contents are different. The mechanisms described are grouped into chapters according to general types.
Together with the complete index, this arrangement by function makes it easy to find the class of movement desired, and enables you to compare mechanisms which are similar in purpose but different in design.
- The descriptions and illustrations are confined to the important and fundamental elements, so that time is not wasted reading a lot of useless or irrelevant detail.
- Readers are told plainly and briefly what each mechanism consists of, how it operates, and the features which make it of special interest.
- The particular mechanisms have been selected because they have stood the test of actual practice.
- Among the mechanisms described and illustrated by working diagrams are: cam applications and special cam designs; intermittent motions from gears and cams; interlocking devices; valve diagrams; reversing mechanisms of special design; tripping or stop mechanisms; drives of crank type for reciprocating driven members; feeding mechanisms and auxiliary devices; feeding and ejecting mechanisms; and many, many more.
- Cam Applications and Special Cam Designs
- Intermittent Motions from Gears and Cams
- Intermittent Motions from Ratchet and Geneva Mechanisms
- Overload, Tripping, and Stop Mechanisms
- Locking, Clamping, and Locating Devices
- Reversing Mechanisms of Special Design
- Reciprocating Motions Derived from Cams, Gears, and Levers
- Crank Actuated Reciprocating Mechanisms
- Variable Stroke Reciprocating Mechanisms
- Mechanisms Which Provide Oscillating Motion
- Mechanisms Providing Combined Rotary and Linear Motions
- Speed Changing Mechanisms
- Speed Regulating Mechanisms
- Feed Regulating, Shifting, and Stopping Mechanisms
- Automatic Work Feeding and Transfer Mechanisms
- Feeding and Ejecting Mechanisms for Power Presses
- Hoppers and Hopper Selector Mechanisms for Automatic Machines
- Varying Continuously Rotating Output
- Clutch and Disconnecting Devices
- Miscellaneous Mechanisms
- ISBN: 9780831110321
- Pages 493 Pages, Softcover
- Published Date: January, 2067