You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
Lean Maintenance is written for anyone in a leadership position in maintenance, storeroom or production. This unique book will also be found useful by vendors to the maintenance departments, including maintenance contractors, parts vendors, and various kinds of service providers.
A pragmatic book, Lean Maintenance will take the reader on a journey from uncovering waste, designing projects to address the waste, selling the projects to management and delivering the projects. Every area in maintenance is covered, including your TPM effort, storeroom, PM tasking, work orders and computer systems. What's more, the user will be able to immediately use this book to start the process of saving money, energy, or time within just one hour!
- Provides examples at every step of the way to guide the reader.
- Includes forms and check lists for successful Lean projects.
- Offers the reader the ability to design and execute a savings project within a day.
Joel Levitt is known worldwide as a leading educator in maintenance management. He has trained more than 17,000 maintenance professionals from thousands of organizations in 25 countries. He has more than 30 years of experience in many facets of maintenance. Since 1980, he has been president of Springfield Resources, a management/consulting firm servicing clients on a wide range of maintenance issues.
Levitt is a frequent speaker at maintenance and engineering conferences, has published dozens of articles on the subject, as well as a number of successful books, including the Complete Guide to Preventive and Predictive Maintenance; The Handbook of Maintenance Management; Lean Maintenance; Managing Factory Maintenance: and Managing Maintenance Shutdowns and Outages.
- Introduction to Lean Maintenance
- Distinguishing Lean Maintenance from Everything Else
- Lean Maintenance and World-Class Maintenance
- Lean Worker
- Lean Maintenance and Safety
- Lean Organization and Maintenance Support
- Lean Maintenance Parts and Storeroom
- Lean Maintenance and the Work Order System
- Lean and the Use of the CMMS to uncover Waste
- Enabling Technology for Lean Maintenance
- Lean Planning and Scheduling
- Lean Fire-fighting
- Lean PM
- TPM and Lean Maintenance
- 5 S's contribution to Lean Maintenance
- The Lean Machine
- RCM and Lean Maintenance
- Lean Outsourcing
- Initiating Lean Projects
- Where to look for Waste
- Developing the List of Wastes into a List of Projects
- Once a Project for Refinement Has Been Chosen
- Putting the Finishing Touches on Written and Verbal Presentations
- Publishing Lean Projects
- How a School District could save $1,000,000
- ISBN: 9780831133528
- Pages 275 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: December, 2008