You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design, Second Edition is the long-awaited new edition of a best-selling text and reference. It provides an expanded and more comprehensive treatment of sheet metal forming processes, while placing forming processes and die design in the broader context of the techniques of press-working sheet metal.
Included are the “hows” and “whys” of product analysis, as well as the techniques for blanking, punching, bending, deep drawing, stretching, material economy, strip design, movement of metal during stamping, and tooling. While concentrating on simple, applicable engineering methods rather than complex numerical techniques, the author uses many illustrations, tables, and charts to enhance comprehension and learning.
- Presents topics with a balanced coverage of relevant fundamentals and real-world practices.
- Emphasizes the influence of materials as an aid to understanding manufacturing processes and operations.
- Features the essential mathematical formulas and calculations needed for various die operations and performance evaluation.
- Shows the comparative advantages and liabilities for each manufacturing process and operation.
- Offers a complete picture of the knowledge and skills needed for the effective design of dies for sheet-metal forming processes highlighted with illustrative examples.
- Includes a brand new chapter (Chapter 14, on quick die-change systems and die design) and a brand new appendix (Appendix 4, on technical specifications of Helical and Belleville springs).
Vukota Boljanovic has spent more than 35-years in applied engineering in the aircraft and automotive industries and also in education. He has B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in mechanical engineering and worked in Europe for many years in both academia and industry. He is the author of five books, including from Industrial Press, Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design (2004) Die Design Fundamentals, Third Edition (2005), Applied Mathematical and Physical Formulas (2015 ) and Metal Shaping Processes (2009). He has contributed updated practical material on sheet metal design, including punches, dies, and presswork, and on manufacturing processes to Machinery's Handbook, 28th and 29th editions. Vukota has written numerous technical papers and has been recognized by the aircraft industry and academia for several of his contributions to manufacturing processes. Before recently retiring, he spent five years working in the American automotive industry.
Part I: Theoretical Fundamentals
- The Structure of Materials
- Mechanical Behavior of Metals
Part II: Manufacturing Procesess
- Searing Process
- Blanking and Punching
- Deep Drawing
- Various Forming Processes
Part III: Die Design
- Basic Die Classifications and Components
- Blanking and Punching Dies
- Bending Dies
- Deep Drawing Dies
- Various Forming Dies
- Tool and Die Materials
- Quick Die Change Systems and Die Design
Appendix 1: Blank Diameter of Drawn Shells
Appendix 2: Metric System Tolerances
Appendix 3: Miscellaneous Information
Appendix 4: Technical Specifications of the Helical and Belleville Springs.
- ISBN: 9780831134921
- Pages 295 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: February, 2014
Related ProductsHere are some other top products we suggest you may find of interest: