You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Certification & Accreditation
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Machine Shop Practice, Second Edition, Volume II
Karl H. Moltrecht (deceased)
This is the second volume of a two-book set (both books sold separately. For volume 1, click here.
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
Machine Shop Practice, Second Edition, Volume I delivers nearly everything the apprentice or on-the-job professional needs to know about the intelligent and efficient operation of machine tools.
- Includes over 760 illustrations and 70 tables in two volumes.
- Offers sections on numerical control; grinding wheels (that includes the newest abrasive materials); single point cutting tools and tool wear; basic drilling machine setups; and formulas for estimating the power required for planing.
- Provides detailed discussions on methods of setting up the workpiece on milling machines, horizontal boring machines, planers and shapers.
- Shaper Construction.
- Shaper Work.
- Planers and Planer Work.
- Milling Machine Construction.
- Milling Cutters.
- Milling Machine Operations.
- Dividing Head Work.
- Helical and Cam Milling.
- The Horizontal Boring Machine.
- Grinding Wheels.
- Cylindrical Grinding.
- Surface Grinding.
- Cutter and Tool Grinding.
- Numerical Controlled Machine Tools.
- Surface Plate Work.
- ISBN: 9780831111328
- Pages 517 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: June, 1981