You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Machining for Hobbyists
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
Machining for Hobbyists is for the do-it-yourselfer or hobbyist who wants to learn the basics of machining and how to set up a small home workshop. It provides a user-friendly explanation of the essential tools, materials, and techniques that hobbyists need for a variety of metalworking projects. Tips from the pros writing for Home Shop Machinist magazine are included, as well as a foreword by the magazine’s editor.
Through easy-to-follow explanations, as well as detailed illustrations and color photography, Machining for Hobbyists:
- Guides hobbyists in selecting the proper tools for working with metal, including tips for buying and using bench-top lathes, mills and drill presses. The book also covers the various cutting components used on these tools.
- Provides suggestions for shop layout, including space requirements, lighting, ventilation, and safety.
- Guides the reader through the use of specialty tools used for measuring and handling small metal parts.
- ISBN: 9780831135102
- Pages 220 Pages, Softcover
- Published Date: July, 2015