You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Managing Maintenance Shutdowns and Outages
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
Planning a shutdown? Lower your costs by reading and applying this unique reference! Originally designed as an intensive course and then honed over several years, Managing Maintenance Shutdowns and Outages organizes the details of a maintenance shutdown into a manageable form by introducing all the steps needed for a successful shutdown or outage. It includes detailed steps for each phase (initiation, planning, execution, closeout, lessons learned), massive master lists of everything you will need to do for each phase of shutdown, and numerous checklists that can immediately be put to use.
Loaded with examples from many industries and actual events, this book will be an extremely useful and practical guide for maintenance managers, project engineers, supervisors, maintenance engineers, and planners working in any heavy maintenance environment.
- Brings together the issues of maintenance planning, project management, logistics, contracting, and accounting for shutdowns.
- Includes hundreds of shutdown ideas gleaned from experts worldwide.
- Contains procedures and strategies that will improve your current shutdown planning and execution.
- Offers examples to illustrate the major points.
Joel Levitt is known worldwide as a leading educator in maintenance management. He has trained more than 17,000 maintenance professionals from thousands of organizations in 25 countries. He has more than 30 years of experience in many facets of maintenance. Since 1980, he has been president of Springfield Resources, a management/consulting firm servicing clients on a wide range of maintenance issues.
Levitt is a frequent speaker at maintenance and engineering conferences, has published dozens of articles on the subject, as well as a number of successful books, including the Complete Guide to Preventive and Predictive Maintenance; The Handbook of Maintenance Management; Lean Maintenance; Managing Factory Maintenance: and Managing Maintenance Shutdowns and Outages.
- Basics of Shutdowns, Turnarounds, and Outages
- Phase I: Feasibility of Shutdown
- Phase II Organizing the Program
- Phase III Executing the Program
- Phase IV: Turnover, Quality Assurance, Life Safety Testing, and Start-up
- Punch List Completion
- Phase V: Reporting
- ISBN: 9780831131739
- Pages 208 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: June, 2004