You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Metal Shaping Processes
Casting and Molding; Particulate Processing; Deformation Processes; and Metal Removal
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
Metal Shaping Processes is a comprehensive text focusing on metal shaping processes, which are still the most widely used processes in the manufacture of products and structures. The text carefully presents the fundamentals of metal shaping processes with their relevant applications. The treatment of the subject matter is adequately descriptive for those unfamiliar with the various processes and yet is sufficiently analytical for an introductory academic course in manufacturing.
Metal Shaping Processes, with numerous formulas and illustrations in each chapter, clearly shows that shaping processes, as a part of manufacturing engineering, are a complex and interdisciplinary subject. The topics are organized and presented in such a manner that they motivate and challenge students to present technically and economically viable solutions to a wide variety of questions and problems, including product design.
This is the perfect textbook for students in mechanical, industrial, and manufacturing engineering programs at both the Associate Degree and Bachelor Degree programs, as well a valuable reference for manufacturing engineers (those who design, execute and maintain the equipment and tools); process engineers (those who plan and engineer the manufacturing steps, equipment, and tooling needed in production); manufacturing managers and supervisors; product design engineers; and maintenance and reliability managers and technicians.
- Each chapter begins with a brief highlighted outline of the topics to be described.
- Carefully presents the fundamentals of the particular metal-shaping process with its relevant applications within each chapter, so that the student and teacher can clearly assess the capabilities, limitation, and potentials of the process and its competitive aspects.
- Features sections on product design considerations, which present guidelines on design for manufacturing in many of the chapters.
- Offers practical, understandable explanations, even for complex processes.
- Includes text entries that are coded as in an outline, with these numerical designations carried over the 320 related illustrations for easy cross-referencing.
- Provides a dual (ISO and USA) unit system.
- Contains end-of-chapter Review Questions.
- Includes a chapter on sheet metalworking covering cutting processes; bending process; tubes and pipe bending; deep drawing processes; other sheet metal forming process (stretch forming, spinning, rubber forming, and superplatic forming and diffusion bonding).
- Provides a useful die classification with 15 illustrations and description; presses for sheet metalworking; and high energy-rate forming processes.
- A chapter on nontraditional manufacturing process discusses such important processes as mechanical energy processes (ultrasonic machining, water jet cutting); electrochemical machining processes (electrochemical machining, electrochemical grinding); thermal energy processes (electric discharge processes, laser beam machining, electron beam machining); and chemical processes (chemical milling).
Vukota Boljanovic, Ph.D., has more than 40 year of experience in applied engineering in the aircraft and automotive industries as well as in education. He received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and worked in Europe for many years in both academia and industry, including as a Professor of Aerospace Engineering and later as Vice President for Research and Development for a major aircraft company. He has performed extensive research in development and manufacturing engineering, including the impact of design modification on tools, dies, and processes selection, aircraft assembly, and inspection. He also spent five years working in the American automotive industry. The author of multiple books and numerous technical papers, Boljanovic has been widely recognized by both academia and industry for his contributions to manufacturing processes.
Part I: Casting and Molding
- Fundamentals of Metal Casting
- Metal-Casting Processes
- Metal Casting: Design and Materials
Part II: Particulate Processing for Metals
- Powder Metallurgy
Part III: Deformation Processes
- Fundamentals of Metal Forming
- Rolling of Metals
- Forging. Extrusion and Drawing of Metals
- Sheet Metalworking
Part IV: Metal Removal Processes
- Fundamentals of Metal Machining
- Machining Processes
- Abrasive Machining Processes
- Nontraditional Machining Processes
- ISBN: 9780831133801
- Pages 428 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: December, 2009