You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Certification & Accreditation
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Production Spare Parts
Optimizing The MRO Inventory Asset
Eugene C. Moncrief, Michael P. Reynolds, and Ronald M. Schroder
We are sorry, but the CD-ROM version of this title is no longer available.
For the eBook version, click here.
For the printed book, click here.
As leading authorities worldwide on setting part stocking levels for safety stocks to support the production process, the authors have shown that between 25 and 50 percent of the inventory investment is not necessary. Thus the overall objective of Production Spare Parts: Optimizing The MRO Inventory Asset (CD-ROM in PDF) is to instruct readers in how to optimize their company’s spare parts asset.
This compilation of the best techniques and practices for optimizing MRO inventory offers numerous case studies showing the best and not so good ways to improve plant inventory performance. Based on practical solutions to everyday inventory problems, it uses simple, but useful metrics for setting and monitoring goals.
- Covers stocking theory and practice.
- Uses the Pareto Principal throughout as the best way to achieve superior results with a minimum of investment of time by plant personnel.
- Includes the following topics: the risks inherent in setting inventory stocking levels, setting the reorder point, setting the reorder quantity, determining excess inventory, how to avoid unnecessary purchases of spares, and how to set and monitor goals for inventory improvement.
Requirements: The CD-ROM is compatible with most Microsoft Windows operating systems from Windows 98 to Windows 8 and 8 Pro. The product requires Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. The CD-ROM should operate with corresponding Windows-compatible hardware, including desktops, notebooks, laptops, netbooks and tablet computers. Internet access is required for product activation. PLEASE NOTE: The CD-ROM version is not compatible with Windows 8 RT, smart phones and tablets including the iPhone, iPad, Android devices and/or ebook readers such as Kindle, Nook or the Sony Wi-Fi E-Reader. For such applications, we recommend the ebook version (link above.)
- Inventory as an Asset
- Assessing Risk
- Setting the Reorder Point
- Setting the Reorder Quantity
- Determining What’s Excess
- Avoiding Unnecessary Purchases
- Unique Solutions to Everyday Inventory Problems
- Setting and Monitoring Goals
- Partnering with Others
- Some Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- ISBN: 9780831132804
- Pages Digital CD
- Published Date: November, 2005