You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Programmable Logic Controllers
Su-Chen Jonathon Lin
Looking for the eBook version of this title? Click here.
This book has been written for the undergraduate Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) course. It effectively introduces the student to a broad range of knowledge and skills essential to using PLCs in implementing control schemes in a variety of industries. The text is comprehensive in that it covers control logic design, PLC hardware and software, PLC instructions, and PLC programming.
- This highly useful text includes valuable information for students, as well as practitioners, from important basics to advanced PLC programming instructions.
- It is designed for flexible use, so readers can easily choose their desired depth of coverage.
- The first five chapters focus on the electrical control fundamentals, number systems, logic basics, Boolean algebra, and simplifying logic circuits.
- Chapters 6 and 7 introduce two methods of designing PLC control logics and circuits that often are absent in other PLC texts.
- The next three chapters cover PLC memory, file structure, discrete input and output modules, and analog input and output modules.
- Exercises, study questions, and numerous illustrations throughout reinforce key concepts.
Su-Chen Jonathon Lin is a Professor of Computer Engineering and Program Coordinator of Computer Engineering Technology at Eastern Michigan University. Professor Lin holds two Ph.D. degrees, in Engineering Mechanics and Industrial Education, and has taught PLC’s for over 30 years. He has also written several books on CNC Programming, Mastercam, Smartcam, and other CAD/CAM subjects.
- Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers
- Electrical Control Fundamentals
- Number Systems & Codes
- Logic Basics & Boolean Algebra
- Simplifying Logic Circuits
- State Combination Circuits Design
- Logic Circuits Design Using State Diagram Method
- PLC Memory & File Structure
- Discrete Input Modules & Output Modules
- Analog Input & Output Interface Modules
- Basic Relay-Type Instructions
- Timer Instructions
- Counter Instructions
- Math, Comparison, & Logic Instructions
- Program Control Instructions
- Data Manipulation Instructions
- PLC Sequencer Instructions
- PID Control
- ISBN: 9780831135072
- Pages 456 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: July, 2016