You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Certification & Accreditation
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Programming of CNC Machines, 4th Edition
Looking for the eBook Version? Click here.
Looking for the companion Workbook for Programming of CNC Machines? Click here.
Written in a simple, easy-to-understand language by Ken Evans, a skilled programmer with many years of experience teaching CNC machining to industry and in the classroom, this new edition of Programming of CNC Machines offers a new chapter on feature-based Machining using Siemens, plus a new chapter featuring Fanuc NC guide I programming. It provides full descriptions of many operation and programming functions and illustrates their practical applications through examples. It provides in-depth information on how to program turning and milling machines, which is applicable to almost all control systems. It keeps all theoretical explanations to a minimum throughout so that they do not distort an understanding of the programming. And because of the wide range of information available about the selection of tools, cutting speeds, and the technology of machining, it is sure to benefit engineers, programmers, supervisors, and machine operators who need ready access to information that will solve CNC operation and programming problems.
- Contains a new chapter 6 that introduces Feature-Based Machining using Siemens NX 9.0 CAM.
- A new chapter 7 has been added that features FANUC NC Guide I programming for the popular Oi. This chapter also provides step-by-step examples for Turning & Machine Center programs.
- Chapter 8 on Mazatrol Conversational Programming has been expanded to include programming examples and study questions.
- Chapter 5 on CAD/CAM has been updated to include the current version of Mastercam X8 software.
- Accompanying the text is the 4th edition of the Student Workbook (978-0-8311-3600-0), which provides many practical exercises designed to verify comprehension of CNC programming.
Ken Evans has held a variety of machining and related jobs throughout his career; and is currently a CNC Programmer at a prominent aerospace company. Ken was a Machine Tool Technology instructor for 20 years at Davis Applied Technology College in Kaysville, Utah, where he taught a variety of courses throughout the machining curriculum, including Mastercam CAD/CAM. In addition, he has trained other educators from around the region on how to set-up, program, and operate their CNC machines; and has been a Training & Applications Specialist for a local machine tool distributor
- Part 1: CNC Basics
- Part 2: CNC Machine Operation
- Part 3: Programming CNC Turning Centers
- Part 4: Programming CNC Machining Centers
- Part 5: Computer-Aided Design & Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM)
- Part 6: Introduction to Featured-Based Machining
- Part 7: FANUC NC Guide Programming
- Part 8: Mazatrol Conversational Programming
- Appendices A1-A12
- Answers to Study Questions
- ISBN: 9780831135249
- Pages 474 Pages, Softcover
- Published Date: February, 2016