You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Certification & Accreditation
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
RCM3: Risk-Based Reliability Centered Maintenance
Marius Basson, with the Aladon Network
Looking for the ebook version? Click here.
The popular RCMII methodology has been around since the late ’90s, but it was what professionals call a consequence-based approach. This work represents a revision to that bestselling work, by John Moubray, with more modern thinking, an emphasis on a risk-based methodology, and alignment with International ISO standards (55000 and 31000). The result is a more holistic, integrated, and rigorous way for developing asset care and risk-mitigating strategies for physical assets.
Since the release of the ISO 31000 and ISO 55000 Standards, Aladon developed RCM3, a risk-based RCM methodology that places managing the risk and reliability of physical assets mainstream with other business management systems in an organization. RCM3 fully complies and exceeds the requirements of the SAEJA 1011 Standard and fully aligns with the frameworks of the ISO Standards.
The new risk-based focus of RCM3 features the following principles:
- The proactive management of intolerable physical and economic risks.
- Updated approach for testing and managing of protective systems.
- Based on the requirements of the fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0) and its challenges.
- Covers new expectations and new maintenance techniques for fourth-generation maintenance.
- Places reliability & risk management mainstream with organizational objectives and management systems.
- Aligned and integrated with International ISO Standards for Physical Asset Management and Risk Management (ISO 55000 & ISO 31000).
- Now part of an integrated asset strategy for full life-cycle management of physical assets.
Marius Basson is the President of Aladon and The Aladon Network, a global community of industry professionals delivering risk- and reliability-based training and consulting services. He is an experienced engineering professional with more than 25 years’ experience in leading and implementing business improvement and reliability initiatives. For many years, he specialized in the application of risk and reliability improvement programs and adopted a methodical way of thinking.
Aladon is a global network of asset reliability professionals, certified in the delivery of a team-based approach for improving the risk and reliability of all key assets in an organization. They have specialized in managing risk and reliability of physical assets and the implementation of asset management programs for more than 3 decades
- Chapter 1: RCM3 Background
- Chapter 2: Introduction to RCM
- Chapter 3: Operating Context
- Chapter 4: Functions
- Chapter 5: Failed States
- Chapter 6: Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Chapter 7: Failure Consequences and Risk
- Chapter 8: Risk Management Strategies—Technical Feasibility
- Chapter 9: Managing Tolerable Risks—Why Care?
- Chapter 10: The RCM3 Decision Process
- Chapter 11: Implementing RCM Recommendations
- Chapter 12: Actuarial Analysis and Failure Data
- Chapter 13: Applying the RCM3 Process
- Chapter 14: What RCM Achieves
- Chapter 15: A Brief History of RCM
- ISBN: 9780831136321
- Pages 576 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: January, 2019