You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design
This is the CD-ROM version of this title. Click here for the printed book.
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design, Second Edition is the long-awaited new edition of a best-selling text and reference. It provides an expanded and more comprehensive treatment of sheet metal forming processes, while placing forming processes and die design in the broader context of the techniques of press-working sheet metal.
Included are the “hows” and “whys” of product analysis, as well as the techniques for blanking, punching, bending, deep drawing, stretching, material economy, strip design, movement of metal during stamping, and tooling. While concentrating on simple, applicable engineering methods rather than complex numerical techniques, the author uses many illustrations, tables, and charts to enhance comprehension and learning.
- Presents topics with a balanced coverage of relevant fundamentals and real-world practices.
- Emphasizes the influence of materials as an aid to understanding manufacturing processes and operations.
- Features the essential mathematical formulas and calculations needed for various die operations and performance evaluation.
- Shows the comparative advantages and liabilities for each manufacturing process and operation.
- Offers a complete picture of the knowledge and skills needed for the effective design of dies for sheet-metal forming processes highlighted with illustrative examples.
- Includes a brand new chapter (Chapter 14, on quick die-change systems and die design) and a brand new appendix (Appendix 4, on technical specifications of Helical and Belleville springs).
Requirements: The CD-ROM is compatible with most Microsoft Windows operating systems from Windows 98 to Windows 8 and 8 Pro. The product requires Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. The CD-ROM should operate with corresponding Windows-compatible hardware, including desktops, notebooks, laptops, netbooks and tablet computers. Internet access is required for product activation. PLEASE NOTE: The CD-ROM version is not compatible with Windows 8 RT, smart phones and tablets including the iPhone, iPad, Android devices and/or ebook readers such as Kindle, Nook or the Sony Wi-Fi E-Reader. For such applications, check the ebook version (link above).
Vukota Boljanovic, Ph.D., has more than 40 year of experience in applied engineering in the aircraft and automotive industries as well as in education. He received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering and worked in Europe for many years in both academia and industry, including as a Professor of Aerospace Engineering and later as Vice President for Research and Development for a major aircraft company. He has performed extensive research in development and manufacturing engineering, including the impact of design modification on tools, dies, and processes selection, aircraft assembly, and inspection. He also spent five years working in the American automotive industry. The author of multiple books and numerous technical papers, Boljanovic has been widely recognized by both academia and industry for his contributions to manufacturing processes.
Part I: Theoretical Fundamentals
- The Structure of Metals
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
Part II: Manufacturing Processes
- Shearing Process
- Blanking and Punching
- Deep Drawing
- Various Drawing Processes
Part III: Die Design
- Die Classifications and Basic Die Components
- Blanking and Punching Dies
- Bending Dies
- Deep Drawing Dies
- Various Forming Dies
- Tool and Die Materials
- ISBN: 9780831132583
- Pages 400 Pages, Digital CD
- Published Date: June, 2004