You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Certification & Accreditation
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Sheet Metal Stamping Dies
Die Design and Die Making Practices
This is a Print-On-Demand book and is printed upon receipt of your order. It is not returnable except for product defects. Delivery will take approximately 10 to 14 days.
Note: There is no ebook version of this title.
Sheet Metal Stamping Dies concentrates on simple, practical methods,. This book is a valuable resource for anyone looking for detailed information about die design and the manufacture of stamping dies, particularly practicing die designers, press engineers, tool and die maintenance technicians, students of die design, and advanced apprentice die makers.
- Emphasizes the basic theory of sheet metal plastic deformation as an aid in understanding the manufacturing processes and operations that are necessary for successful die design.
- Features the essential mathematical formulas and calculations needed for various die operations and performance of die design.
- Illustrations feature complete assembly drawings for each type of die
- Provides a complete picture of the knowledge and skills needed for the effective design of dies for sheet metal cutting, forming and deep drawing operations, highlighted with illustrative examples.
- Provides properties and typical applications of selected tool and die materials for various die components.
- Offers a complete picture of integral CAD/CAM systems for die making, EDM machining, and wire EDM practice
Vukota Boljanovic has spent more than 35-years in applied engineering in the aircraft and automotive industries and also in education. He has B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in mechanical engineering and worked in Europe for many years in both academia and industry. He is the author of five books, including from Industrial Press, Sheet Metal Forming Processes and Die Design (2004) Die Design Fundamentals, Third Edition (2005), Applied Mathematical and Physical Formulas (2015) and Metal Shaping Processes (2009). He has contributed updated practical material on sheet metal design, including punches, dies, and presswork, and on manufacturing processes to Machinery's Handbook, 28th and 29th editions. Vukota has written numerous technical papers and has been recognized by the aircraft industry and academia for several of his contributions to manufacturing processes. Before recently retiring, he spent five years working in the American automotive industry.
- Basic Theory of Cutting Sheet Metal
- Formulas for Sheet Metal Cutting Dies
- Cutting Operations
- Types of Cutting Dies
- Basic Theory of Forming Sheet Metal
- Formulas for Sheet Metal Forming Dies
- Forming Operations
- Types of Bending and Forming Dies
DEEP DRAWING DIES
- Basic Theory of Sheet Metal Drawing
- Formulas for Sheet Metal Drawing Dies
- Drawing Operations
- Types of Deep Drawing Dies
MISCELLANEOUS TYPES OF DIES
- Trimming Dies
- Shaving Dies
- Curling Dies
- Bulging Dies
- Necking Dies
- Extruding Dies
- Compound and Combination Dies
- Side-Cam Dies
- Progressive and Transfer Dies
BASIC DIE COMPONENTS
- Die Set
- Die Block and Punching Units
- Stripper, Blankholder and Knockout Device
- Heel and Key
- Pilots and Gages
- Stop Block, Dowels, and Screws
DIE DESIGN TECHNIQUES
- General Design Guide Lines
- Design of Die Components
- Integrate CAD/CAM Systems for Die-Making
- EDM Machining
- Wire EDM Practice
MATERIALS USED IN DIE-MAKING
- Carbon and Alloy Steels
- Tool and Die Steels
- Miscellaneous Materials for Dies-Making
HEAT TREATMENT OF METALS
- Basic Definition of Mechanical Properties
- Heat-Treatment of Die Materials
- ISBN: 9780831134631
- Pages 300 Pages, Softcover
- Published Date: August, 2012