You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Workbook for Programming of CNC Machines
Looking for the eBook Version? Click here.
Looking for the main book, Programming of CNC Machines. Click here.
Written by Ken Evans, an author with many years of experience teaching CNC machining, this new edition of the Workbook for Progamming of CNC Machines is the perfect complement to Programming of CNC Machines, 4th edition. It is filled with many practical exercises and is one of the few workbooks available that tests users through the application of programming functions commonly used in CNC programming. Together with its companion text, this workbook can be used as a complete CNC training program; or, it can be used on its own by students or professionals to verify that they have the basic skills needed to write a CNC program.
- This new edition provides 37 practical exercises designed to verify comprehension of CNC programming.
- Prepares users for the world of CNC Programming through more than 50 problems related to CNC Basics, including shop mathematics.
- Contains operation scenarios that reflect situations often encountered.
- Feeds and speeds, tool selection and work holding methods are very hard to learn from a text alone. Practical exercises, as provided in this workbook, have proven to be an excellent teacher.
- This workbook can be used to verify that the student has learned the basic skills necessary to write a CNC program, line-by-line.
- Used together, both the text and this workbook provide a complete learning experience.
Ken Evans has held a variety of machining and related jobs throughout his career; and is currently a CNC Programmer at a prominent aerospace company. Ken was a Machine Tool Technology instructor for 20 years at Davis Applied Technology College in Kaysville, Utah, where he taught a variety of courses throughout the machining curriculum, including Mastercam CAD/CAM. In addition, he has trained other educators from around the region on how to set-up, program, and operate their CNC machines; and has been a Training & Applications Specialist for a local machine tool distributor
- Unit 1: CNC Basics
- Unit 2: Setup and Operation
- Unit 3: CNC Turning Center Programming
- Unit 4: CNC Machining Center Programming
- Unit 5: Answer Key
- Answers to Unit 1: CNC Basics
- Answers to Unit 2: Setup and Operation
- Answers to Unit 3: CNC Turning Center Programming
- Answers to Unit 4: CNC Machining Center Programming
- ISBN: 9780831136000
- Pages 176 Pages, Softcover
- Published Date: February, 2016