You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Certification & Accreditation
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
The CNC Handbook
Digital Manufacturing and Automation from CNC to Industry 4.0
Hans Kief, Helmut Roschiwal, and Karsten Schwarz
Introducing computers into production engineering has drastically reduced the “artisan skill” content traditionally required in manufacturing processes and replaced it with high-precision, computer-controlled machinery. While this reduces human error and variability in output, it does not eliminate the knowledge required of the professional engineering or shop floor worker. On the contrary, the reverse is true. Managers, engineers, and workers still need to understand the fundamentals while they need to acquire other skills.
These highly-regarded authors combine more than 150 years of industrial and academic experience and expertise to provide readers with the fundamentals of the subject, from digital manufacturing with CNC machine tools and FMS up to Industry 4.0, emphasizing the increased importance of automated manufacturing based on computerized systems (CAD, CAM, CAQ, etc.).
- This groundbreaking work introduces readers to CNC fundamentals, followed by a number of chapters which explain how different components are applied in practice.
- This logical approach is extended to the study of CNC and drives, tooling, flexible manufacturing systems (FMS), and finally to NC-programming, DNC, digital manufacturing, Industry 4.0 and computer integrated manufacturing (CIM).
- Additional chapters cover industrial robots, additive manufacturing, energy-efficient manufacturing, simulation systems, state of the art of machine integrated measuring systems, and using touch probes and laser beams.
- Explains the functions and connections of all integrated components.
Hans Bernhard KIEF has 35 years of experience in the field of NC/CNC machine tools and manufacturing automation with Robert Bosch GmbH in Germany. He was a visiting professor at the University of Mannheim for many years and was acknowledged as one of the world’s leading experts in the field of CNC manufacturing and Flexible Manufacturing Systems (FMS). In his professional capacity, he has traveled widely through the United States and Europe and has worked as a consultant in the manufacturing industry, having designed and developed special CNC reliability software for the aircraft and automobile industry.
Helmut A. Roschiwal earned his apprenticeship at Messerschmitt AG (today: Premium Aerotec). He has a degree in mechanical engineering. He was previously head of development and CEO at Holtschmidt Entwicklungen. In 1984, Roschiwal founded own company, Roschiwal+Partner Engineering GmbH in Augsburg. In 2008, he handed over leadership of company to next generation; Since then, he is active on the board of advisors and is a frequent author.
Karsten Schwarz: has a degree in precision engineering; from 1985 to 1989 he was in electrical construction at Heckert Machine Tools; From 1990 to 1995 he was a service engineer and promoted to product manager CNC Sinumerik; From 2017 through the present he is the head of the Siemens Technology and Application Center in Erlangen, responsible for Siemens CNC training activities worldwide.
- ISBN: 9780831136369
- Pages 700 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: January, 2020