You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
The Little Black Book of Maintenance Excellence
Daniel T. Daley
The print version of this book is no longer available.
For the eBook version, click here.
The Little Black Book of Maintenance Excellence provides an introduction to the concept of "excellence" in the several forms of maintenance used during the life of any system or facility. Unlike most books that tend to focus on just one of the areas of maintenance, this book looks at all the distinct forms of maintenance including: Routine Maintenance, Turnaround Maintenance, Program Maintenance, Project (Maintenance) Management, Reliability in Maintenance, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance, and Precision Maintenance.
Rather than simply focusing on "how to get the work done", The Little Black Book of Maintenance Excellence is a concise resource focused on Maintenance Excellence and meeting its objectives more effectively and more efficiently. Uniquely designed for busy people who want and need to learn more about maintenance excellence but have a limited amount of time to do so, each chapter is designed to provide a stand-alone learning opportunity for individuals who have an opportunity to pick the book up over lunch or whenever the opportunity arises.
Additionally, it emphasizes the part that effective and efficient maintenance plays in achieving good reliability so it provides an excellent companion for The Little Black Book of Reliability Management which was designed to be used in the same manner. This set of books is intended to provide the young professionals working in this area with a quick introduction to all the subjects they will need to learn. It is also intended for more senior managers and executives who are not experts in either maintenance or reliability, but need to be conversant with its elements.
- Provides the reader with a concise yet informative description of all the various forms of maintenance.
- Highlights the important elements of each of the various forms of maintenance and how to go about organizing those elements in his plant or facility.
- Offers the reader with the tools needed to integrate initiatives leading to improved reliability with each kind of maintenance.
- Provides the reader with tools needed to enhance effectiveness and efficiency in each kind of maintenance.
- Gives both new and more experienced plant and shop personnel with a tool they can use to develop a consistent understanding of maintenance excellence so they can identify common goals and consistent objectives.
- Includes forms and formats that can be used for the following: Job Delay Survey, Accountability-Responsibility Matrix, Role Description, Project Control Document, and Work Scoping Form.
Daniel T. Daley is from Omaha Nebraska and grew up in what was the packing house district of South Omaha. He attended the University of Nebraska and graduated in 1971 with a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and a commission in the US Air Force. After serving a tour as an Air Force officer (in Selma Alabama and Osan Korea), he returned to school at the University of Missouri, Columbia. There he received a MS in Mechanical Engineering.
His career began with Shell Oil Company where he held a variety of positions in engineering, maintenance and operations, including Director of Maintenance and Reliability for several companies including Shell, OxyChem, Valero, and the Union Pacific railroad. He retired from the Union Pacific railroad, where he was the Director of Locomotive Engineering and Quality. He currently is providing consulting services through his company My Reliability Team, based on his books. Services in support of applying the concepts described in these books are available from My Reliability Team (www.myreliabilityteam.com).
- Defining Maintenance Excellence
- What Make a Work Management Process Work?
- Operating in Different Time Frames
- The Routine Maintenance Process
- The Turnaround Process
- The Program Management Process
- The Project Process
- The Reliability Process
- Reliability-Centered Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
- Preventative Maintenance
- Precision Maintenance
- Operators Role in Maintenance Excellence
- Maintenance Measures
- References for Further Reading
- ISBN: 9780831133740
- Pages 200 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: October, 2008
Related ProductsHere are some other top products we suggest you may find of interest: