You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Trigonometry for Engineering Technology
With Mechanical, Civil, and Architectural Applications
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
This is a Print-On-Demand book and is printed upon receipt of your order. It is not returnable except for product defects. Delivery will take approximately 10 to 14 days.
Trigonometry for Engineering Technology teaches the fundamentals or right angle trigonometry while also placing strong emphasis on examples from the field of engineering technology. Written for those without prior experience in the subject, as well as those who need a refresher, its intent is to engage students in a topic that many might otherwise consider unimportant in a future career. May also be found useful by manufacturing companies with in-house training programs.
- Emphasizes examples from the fields of engineering technology for students who are studying to prepare for work in those fields
- Many examples and exercises include illustrations to enhance the explanation of real-world scenarios
- Each chapter includes example problems that demonstrate a problem-solving procedure for specific problem types. The example problems are followed by exercises that the students solve for practice
- Several chapters are included to supplement the right angle trigonometry topics, including Law of Sines, Law of Cosines, and graphing trigonometry functions
- An open format allows students to use the text as a workbook in class and during study
- Includes answers and solutions to exercise
Gary Powers has taught a wide range of classes for more than 15 years at South Hills School of Business and Technology, a two-year, post-secondary school located in State College, PA., including Geometry, Trigonometry, Physics, Dimensional Metrology, Machining, CNC Programming, and Mechanical Design. His students regularly serve internships with and are hired by a variety of engineering and manufacturing firms. Previously, Gary was employed for 16 years by Corning, Inc. as a manufacturing supervisor and process engineer. He holds a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from the U.S. Naval Academy, and after graduating from the Naval Nuclear Power School he served in the submarine force. Gary is a member of the American Society of Engineering Education.
- Preparation for Right Angle Trigonometry
- Practice Worksheets for Chapters 2 – 4
- Functions of Trigonometry
- Solving for Unknown Sides
- Solving for Unknown Angles
- Practice Worksheets for Chapters 6 – 7
- Mechanical Applications
- Practice Worksheet for Chapter 8
- Civil Applications
- Practice Worksheet for Chapter 9
- Architectural and Construction Applications
- Practice Worksheet for Chapter 10
- Graphing Trigonometry Functions
- Law of Sines
- Law of Cosines
- Practice Worksheet for Chapters 11 – 13
- Appendix: Exercise Answers and Solutions
- ISBN: 9780831134549
- Pages 282 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: September, 2012