Note that this is the second volume of a two-book series (sold separately and as a set). For Volume 1, click here. To buy the attractively priced two-volume set, click here.
Machine Shop Practice, Second Edition, Volume 2 delivers nearly everything the apprentice or on-the-job professional needs to know about the intelligent and efficient operation of machine tools.
- Includes over 760 illustrations and 70 tables in two volumes.
- Offers sections on numerical control; grinding wheels (that includes the newest abrasive materials); single point cutting tools and tool wear; basic drilling machine setups; and formulas for estimating the power required for planing.
- Provides detailed discussions on methods of setting up the workpiece on milling machines, horizontal boring machines, planers and shapers.
- Shaper Construction.
- Shaper Work.
- Planers and Planer Work.
- Milling Machine Construction.
- Milling Cutters.
- Milling Machine Operations.
- Dividing Head Work.
- Helical and Cam Milling.
- The Horizontal Boring Machine.
- Grinding Wheels.
- Cylindrical Grinding.
- Surface Grinding.
- Cutter and Tool Grinding.
- Numerical Controlled Machine Tools.
- Surface Plate Work.