Note: There is no ebook version of this title.
Learning Mastercan X5 Mill 2D Step-by-Step is a unique text presenting a thorough introduction to Mastercam X5 Mill for students with little or no prior experience. It can be used in virtually any educational setting—from four-year engineering schools to community colleges and voc/tech schools to industrial training centers—and will also serve as a reliable reference for on-the-job use or as a self-study manual.
The award-winning authors have carefully arranged the contents in a clear and logical sequence and have used many hundreds of visuals instead of wordy explanations.
- Emphasizes student-friendly graphical displays in place of long explanations and definitions.
- Includes an overview of the process of generating a word address program.
- Presents numerous examples that provide step-by-step instructions with graphical displays.
- Eliminates flipping between pages by featuring all explanations on the same page as the example.
- Contains exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Features a process plan for many machining exercises to indicate the machining operations to be performed and the tools to be used.
- Contains a new chapter on Creating 2D Solid Models by extrusion, revolving and Boolean Operations.
- Contains new material on editing solids and building a history tree for imported solids.
- Contains a chapter on Executing 2D Milling Operations on Solid Models.
- Contains new material on creating a user defined tool plane and machining on the plane.
- Contains a new chapter on File tracking and Change Recognition.
- Includes an in-depth presentation of how to customize Mastercam X5 for user applications in the appendix.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Two enclosed CDs previously contained a working Mastercam X5 Demo, along with examples and exercises from the text for student practice. However, the trial software of Mastercam X5 in the accompanying CD has expired and can no longer be downloaded or used. The exercises in the CD can be used if the user has another working version of Mastercam.
James Valentino holds a doctorate in applied mechanics from the Polytechnic University of New York. He has over 25 years experience teaching technology courses and many years in industry. Currently, he is professor and chairperson of the department of Mechanical Engineering Technology & Design Drafting at Queensborough Community College (CUNY). He is a member of Sigma XI, a senior member of SME, and coauthor of Learning Mastercam X2 Mill Step-by-Step, also published by Industrial Press.
Joseph Goldenberg is Associate Professor, Department of Engineering Technology, and Director of Manufacturing Processes Laboratory at Queensborough Community College, New York. Professor Goldenberg holds an Engineer Degree in Machine Tool Technology, Lvov Polytechnic institute, USSR; and an MS in Manufacturing Engineering, Brooklyn Polytechnic University. He has PhD equivalency, granted by CUNY Board of Trusties; and holds the EIT in New York State. With over 45 years of experience as a mechanical engineer and machine tool designer, Goldenberg is an expert in CNC, CAD/CAM programming, and manufacturing management. He is the founder and President of the Center for Advanced Manufacturing Studies, a company dedicated to training and advising manufacturing personnel in the latest developments of CNC and CADCAM technology.
- Introduction to Mastercam X5
- Creating 2D Geometry
- Additional Tools for CAD
- Generating Hole Operations in 2D Space
- Profiling and Pocketing in 2D Space
- Editing Machining Operations Via the Operations Manager
- Using Transform to Rotate or Mirror Existing Toolpaths
- Using a Library to Save or Import Machining Operations
- Using Tabs and Work Offsets
- Customizing Mastercam X5