Beginning AutoCAD® 2016 Exercise Workbook is the right book for users new to AutoCAD® or who want to brush up on the basics. This is a clear, no nonsense, easy-to-follow text that helps user learn AutoCAD quickly and easily. All exercises print easily on a standard 8 ½” x 11” printer. For Use with the PC version of AutoCAD 2016 only
Beginning AutoCAD® 2016 leads you step by step through 30 lessons that:
- Provide detailed instructions, followed by exercises (which print on
- 8 1/2” x 11” paper) for practicing the commands you just learned.
- Start very simple and progress to higher level skills.
- Introduce you to the drawing commands first.
- Show you how to create your own setup drawings.
- Start Tab page, containing two sliding content frams called Learn and Create, enabling you to quickly access recent drawing files, templates, product updates, and online resources.
- DIM command, allowing you to create dimensions based on a selected object.
- Text Frame property, used to easily create a border around text.
- Text Wrap in dimensions.
- Closed Polyline Snapping.
- Rectangular and Polygonal Revision Clouds.
- Enhanced Status Bar, giving you greater control of the tools you want displayed
- The Command Preview also is enhanced to allow for the Blend, Erase, Scale, Stretch, and Rotate commands.
- Improved graphics include Line Smoothing and the display of perfect curves.
Also check out the new
Cheryl Shrock is a retired Professor and Chairperson of Computer Aided Design at Orange Coast College in California. She developed the world-reknowned AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks for classroom and self-study use as a result of both her teaching skills and extensive industry experience. An acclaimed AutoCAD expert, she is an Autodesk® registered author.
Steve Heather is a former Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Aided Design in England. For more than a decade, he has been a Beta Tester for Autodesk, testing the latest AutoCAD software. Previous to teaching, and for over 30 years, Heather worked as a Precision Engineer in the aerospace and defense industries. In addition to co-authoring the Beginning and Advanced AutoCAD® Exercise Workbooks and the AutoCAD® Pocket Reference, he also is author of AutoCAD® 3D Modeling and the Engineers Precision Data Pocket Reference and is a key engineering consultant and contributor to the Machinery’s Handbook. Steve welcomes emails about his books at email@example.com.
Meet Author Steve Heather!
To read an interview with this world-class AutoCAD expert,
click here for our 3D Modeling newsletter.