Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness
The Complete Guide to Successful Enterprise Asset Management
320 Pages, 6.00 x 9.00 x 1.00 in
- ISBN: 9780831135904
- Availability: In Stock
- Publication Date: April 2016
- Digital Edition Go to eBook
This is a Print-On-Demand book and is printed upon receipt of your order. It is not returnable except for product defects. Delivery will take approximately 10 to 14 days.
“A must-read in today’s world.”
—Don Fitchett, Business Industrial Network (BIN95.com)
“One of the best in our field that I have seen.”
—Len Bradshaw, Editor of Asset Management and Maintenance Journal (AMMJ)
To read the full reviews, click on the “Praise” tab above.
When humans are “well,” they are in a state where body, mind, and spirit are holistically integrated, and, as a result, are healthy, happy, and resilient. The same can be said for a thriving business. Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness: The Complete Guide to Successful Enterprise Asset Management explains how to use reliability engineering principles to design and build companies that are robust, reliable, self-improving, integrated business systems best suited for achieving optimal results.
Written by asset management expert Mike Sondalini, creator and author of The Plant Wellness Way, this revolutionary work goes beyond basic plant management. Instead, it reveals a completely new way to engineer and implement business processes and work flow strategies that deliver overall operational excellence.
The author introduces risk management, decision-making methods that prove the worth—or not—of a change before it is initiated in the organization, thus protecting a company from making the wrong choices. His universally applicable process improvement concepts empower readers to take a system-wide approach that can be repeated infinitely to deliver maximum success.
- Presents the first reliability engineering-based design and business process management solution.
- Includes a complete methodology to deliver enterprise asset management, plant maintenance, and equipment reliability.
- Shows how to maximize production uptime while minimizing costs and, uniquely, how to sustain those improvements.
- Incorporates the ISO 55001 framework in re-engineering business processes for operational success.
- Uses tips to reduce business processes to the fewest, simplest, quickest, safest, and most productive solutions.
Note: To download useful supplementary material mentioned in the book, click here.
Mike Sondalini, MBA, CP Eng., is an expert in information and knowledge management, risk management and elimination, quality management systems, asset management, and operational excellence and reliability engineering. His immersion in these areas led him to create “The Plant Wellness Way,” a life cycle asset management methodology. He subsequently coined the term “Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness” to depict a holistic, business-wide system of reliability.
Meet the Author!
To read an interview with Mike Sondalini,
click here for our newsletter.
- Reliability of Work, Processes, and Machines
- The Physics of Failure
- Variability in Outcomes
- Preventing Life-Cycle Risks
- Process 1—Identify Business and Operational Risks
- Asset Management For Plant Wellness
- Operating Equipment Risk Assessment
- Process 2—Order Risks by Importance
- Removing Risks And Raising Reliability
- Chance Reduction Risk Management
- Selecting Reliability Strategy
- Process 3—Numerate Risk Elimination Options
- The Accuracy-Controlled Enterprise
- Precision Maintenance Skills and Standards
- Process 4—Introduce Risk Control Solutions
- Reliability Growth
- Measuring to Improve Performance
- The Chance of Success
- Process 5—Control Operational Processes
- Failure Root Cause Prevention
- Change Management for Workplace Innovation
- Plant Wellness Index
- Process 6—Synthesize Ideas to Continuously Improve
“Mike created what could basically be referred to as an ISO55001 implementation manual, with a big picture holistic engineering reliability approach to asset management. You will be surprised how he did that while also expanding on his existing ‘Plant Wellness Way’ methodology in just 286 pages! I also like how he emphasized throughout the book, attention to life cycle cost. Something that has been lacking in our industry. A must-read in today’s world.” —Don Fitchett, Business Industrial Network (BIN95.com)
"Mike Sondalini's new book Industrial and Manufacturing Wellness is one of the best in our field that I have seen." —Len Bradshaw, Editor of Asset Management and Maintenance Journal(AMMJ)