Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient
from The Reliability Conference
Winner of first prize (Gold Award) in the RGVA book competition
in Maintenance & Reliability at MARTS/Chicago in 2011.
“All you need to do is open this book to any page, and the powerful wisdom of Ramesh Gulati is readily available! Make sure you get the new third edition loaded with bonus knowledge and experience.”
— Terrence O’Hanlon
“I have been a student of M&R for many years, though always in nontechnical positions as a professional marketer for products and services companies in the industrial space. I realized whenever I studied Maintenance and Reliability Best Practices in preparation for the CMRP exam, that I was on the right track…” (Click on the “Praise” tab above to read the full review.)
—Amy Campbell, CMRP
Touted by maintenance and reliability professionals around the world as a “must-read for anyone who wants to stay competitive in today’s industrial environment,” and “By far the best book on maintenance management,” Maintenance and Reliability Best Practices is an even more useful resource in its new third edition.
Now in 2 colors to clearly identify main ideas and emphasize important data in illustrations, the book also includes additional self-assessment questions in each chapter. The entire work has been updated to reflect the latest developments in technology and thinking, with innovative material related to leadership, change management, ISO standards, maintenance optimization, and communication, while sticking to the practical, common-sense approach that led readers to call it “a great book for developing a road map to reliability,” and “the perfect guide for setting up an effective maintenance program.”
For anyone in the fields of engineering, purchasing, finance, maintenance, reliability, or production, and especially for those preparing to sit for a professional maintenance and reliability certification, there’s simply no better tool or resource than renowned Ramesh Gulati’s Maintenance and Reliability Best Practices, Third Edition.
- 40% additional questions throughout the book, making it easier for those preparing to sit for a professional maintenance and reliability exam to learn and study pertinent topics.
- New chapter on standards, with particular focus on ISO 55000.
- Discussion of new and future trends, such as Industry 4.0, Maintenance 4.0, IIOT, and their impact on productivity.
- Click here for a Workbook (ISBN: 9780831134358), released with the second edition and sold separately. A new version of this Workbook (ISBN: 9780831136482) is forthcoming.
Click here to listen to Ramesh Gulati’s interview
on the Asset Champion Podcast.
Ramesh Gulati, PE, CRE, CRL, CAMA, CMRP, CMRT, has been in the maintenance and reliability and asset management field for more than 50 years, and because of his incredible contributions, was given the appropriate nickname of the “Reliability Sherpa.”
Mr. Gulati is active in professional societies, and has received numerous accolades for his hard work, including a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Reliability Conference in 2019, the 2014 CMRP of the Year Award, and the Gold Book award at Maintenance Technology for Maintenance and Reliability Best Practices in 2011.
- Introducing Best Practices
- Culture and Leadership
- Understanding Maintenance
- Work Management: Planning and Scheduling
- Materials, Parts, and Inventory Management
- Measuring and Designing for Reliability and Maintainability
- Operator Driven Reliability
- Maintenance Optimization
- Managing Performance
- Workforce Management
- Problem Solving and Improvement Tools
- Standards, Standardization, and Certification
- Current Trends and Practices
- Appendix A
- Best Practices Q&A Answer Key and Explanation
“I have been a student of M&R for many years, though always in non-technical positions as a professional marketer for products and services companies in the industrial space. I realized whenever I studied Maintenance and Reliability Best Practices in preparation for the CMRP exam, that I was on the right track. Thank you for allowing me to successfully pass the exam as a result of your book on top of the nearly eight years I’ve been in the industry. I appreciate you very much. I just received notice that I passed the CMRP from The Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals! Thank you for the opportunity to learn from you and for your encouragement. I’m very proud to be a CMRP!”
—Amy Campbell, CMRP