Heating Systems Troubleshooting & Repair: Maintenance Tips and Forensic Observations + 4090 Sheet Metal / HVAC Pro Calc Calculator (Set)
352 Pages, 7.00 x 10.00 x 0.00 in
- Mixed media product
- ISBN: 9780831136741
- Availability: In Stock
- Publication Date: August 2021
Click here to see our full selection of calculators and calculator/book sets.
Most of the work technicians routinely perform is in maintaining existing equipment as opposed to installing new systems. The procedures and visual observation conditions presented in this title will enable technicians to perform their tasks more effectively. By knowing how the equipment is designed, built, and how the materials behave over time, they will be better able to execute a maintenance program extending equipment life and reducing unplanned malfunctions. This book’s emphasis is on implementing these actions correctly and in a timely basis so that equipment experiences an increase in “life expectancy,” reliability, more efficient energy performance, and a reduction in the possibility of future failures and liability. While the main focus of this work is on equipment installed in residential homes, the procedures detailed certainly apply to larger commercial heating equipment as well.
The Sheet Metal/HVAC Pro Calc is a versatile calculator that enables tradesmen to calculate complex problems with dedicated key functions that are labeled in standard industry terms. The calculator has other advanced built-in construction-math functions to enable HVAC and sheet metal tradesmen to do their work alongside other trades. In addition to the built-in functions, this calculator can handle order of operation, perform square, cube, square root, and cube root calculations, determine ArcK constant for convenient Arc length solutions, and has an offset functions for “S-shaped” bends in ductwork. It can also help solve the layout for wrapper length, centerline radius, and the angle. It works as a regular calculator with typical symbols.
Together, Heating Systems Troubleshooting & Repair and the Sheet Metal/HVAC Pro Calculator are the perfect combination resource, providing instant access to metrics and measurements with the flip of a page and press of a button. This incredible set is a must-have for students and professionals in the HVAC field.
Print and Calculator Features
- Addresses troubleshooting and repair actions on residential heating equipment and controls.
- Detailed procedures cover visual observations and inspection of impending equipment failure as well as necessary preventive maintenance actions.
- Presents step-by-step procedures for preventive maintenance, along with numerous photographs of failed equipment detailing the consequences of inadequate preventive maintenance.
- An affiliated website (www.certuseheatingsystems.com) contains supporting video footage of demonstrations of failed equipment and proper/improper maintenance procedures.
- Custom HVAC and Sheet Metal functions let you simplify Test and Balance (TAB) with built-in Fan Law function: CFM, RPM, SP and BHP; velocity and velocity pressure.
- Functions and Terminology consistent with sheet metal and HVAC trade terminology.
- Parenthesis Operator allows you to easily enter complex formulas.
- Memory Storage conveniently stores frequently used constants or interim solutions.
John Certuse is a Registered Professional Engineer, Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator, and President of The National Academy of Forensic Engineers. A graduate of The Massachusetts Maritime Academy, he is a licensed Pipefitter and Oil Burner Technician and has provided failure analysis and fire investigation causes of equipment for the legal and insurance industries since 1990. He has contributed articles to the Oil Heating Journal.
- Ch. 1—Maintenance Theory
- Ch. 2—Heating System Types and Preventive Maintenance
- Ch. 3—Installation to Code and Ongoing Maintenance
- Ch. 4—Boiler Design
- Ch. 5—Residential Furnace Design
- Ch. 6—The Oil Burner and Fuel System
- Ch. 7—The Gas Burner System
- Ch. 8—Soot Damage and Poor Indoor Air Quality in Homes
- Ch. 9—Heating System Controls and Required Preventive Maintenance
- Ch. 10—Combustion Chamber Refractory
- Ch. 11—Boiler Water Chemistry
- Ch. 12—Boiler and Furnace Annual Inspection and Cleaning Review