You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Certification & Accreditation
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Machinery Lubrication and Reliability
Dr. Trinath Sahoo
Lubrication is used wherever you look—in vehicles, trains, and aircrafts, and its usefulness is everywhere. In every industry, from all types of machining, power, petrochemicals, sugar, paper, steel, and aluminum to small industries and agriculture, lubrication is an essential requirement. However, most problems related to machinery in plants are lubrication-related. Hence, ALL plant managers should have a basic knowledge on the subject.
Machinery Lubrication and Reliability contains everything a maintenance or industrial professional needs to know about lubrication theory, with vital information on all the critical equipment lubrication requirements that are useful for practicing engineers. It illustrates how to improve reliability, maximize equipment life, eliminate unscheduled shut downs, and reduce operating costs.
While other books on this topic exist and despite being incredibly long, and VERY expensive, none go into as much detail as this book. It covers all the topics in a very exhaustive, but non-intimidating way, and won’t break the bank. A must-have for practicing engineers of all industries, as well as for all those maintenance and reliability professionals looking to pass their ICML certifications.
- The only book that covers all the topics for the ICML certification course.
- Includes the industry standard API-614 throughout.
- Contains practice questions for the ICML exam at the end of each chapter, along with additional ones on the affiliated website.
Dr. Trinath Sahoo is the General Manager of Indian Oil Corporation, Ltd, Paradip Refinery, in Odisha, India. He is a mechanical engineer with superior standing in both academia and industry. Dr. Sahoo is a leader in workshops, and speaks often at international conferences held in Egypt, the UK, Canada, Germany, South Africa, and India.
- How Lubrication Affects Machine Reliability
- Friction, wear and Lubrication
- Lubricant and their properties
- Understanding Additives, Base Oils and Grease Thickeners
- Lubricant Performance Properties
- Lubricating Grease Application Methods
- Lubricating Oil Application Methods
- Turbomachinery lubrication
- Journal Bearing Lubricants
- Rolling-element Bearing Lubricants
- Gear Lubricants
- Pumps lubricant
- Compressor Lubricants
- Steam and Gas Turbine Lubricants
- Contamination Control
- Storing, Handling, and Managing Lubricants
- Used Oil Sampling and Analysis Fundamentals
- Design and Inspect for Lube Excellence
- ISBN: 9780831136383
- Pages 450 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: December, 2019