You have no items in your shopping cart.
Construction and Design
- Engineering & Technology
- Machine Shop & Tools
- Machinery's Handbook
- Maintenance & Reliability
- Manufacturing Industry
- Metalworking & Welding
Technical Shop Mathematics, Third Edition
Thomas Achatz and John G. Anderson,
with contributions from Katherine McKenzie
Looking for the eBook version? Click here.
The most authoritative text for technical mathematics is now better than ever! Completely revised and updated, Technical Shop Mathematics, Third Edition of a classic best seller provides the algebraic, geometric, and trigonometric concepts essential to solving problems commonly encountered in technical and trade occupations.
Technical Shop Mathematics begins with a review of arithmetic followed by elements of measurement, algebra, graphing, geometry, and introductory trigonometry. Clearly written practical explanations, problem solving techniques, examples, and exercises are provided throughout with emphasis placed on applications—making it an ideal textbook for lecture courses or a resource for guided self-paced study. It has become a standard on-the-job reference for shop professionals.
- Contains large, easy to read two-color formatting with logical sequence of topics.
- Provides clear explanations that build on the strengths that have made this book standard for more than 25 years.
- Includes graphing linear and trigonometric functions—an intuition building skill needed for many technical trades, but rarely offered in similar references.
- Presents sufficient material for two standard lecture courses or for an intensive one-semester course.
- A Solutions Manual is available to qualified instructors (send an email to email@example.com).
- The Language of Mathematics
- Signed Number Operations
- Common Fractions. Decimal Fractions
- Operations with Percents
- Exponents: Powers and Roots. Measurement
- Algebraic Expressions. Solving Equations and Inequalities in X
- Graphing Linear Equations. Transforming and Solving Shop Formulas
- Ratio and Proportion. Operations on Polynomials
- Solving Quadratic Equations. Lines, Angles, Polygons, and Solids
- Perimeter, Area, and Volume. Axioms, Postulates, and Theorems
- The Circle
- Trigonometry Fundamentals
- Oblique Angle Trigonometry
- Shop Trigonometry
- Answers to Selected Exercises
- ISBN: 9780831130862
- Pages 600 Pages, Hardcover
- Published Date: January, 2006